Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, September 30, 2020

by Diane: Update # 25 for Mini-Art Respite from Caregiving:


A selfie taken by one granddaughter of us and her sister

Monday, September 28

I thought surely I could do Yom Kippur fast and a virtual service. Wrong, today I was care giving for myself because I was certain I had a urinary tract infection.  I tested possitive for a UTI. So have an antibiotic and am drinking a little more water.  Some days I got so busy I didn't drink enough. This is a wake up call. 

Yesterday Fisherman Hubby had to mow the grass with the riding lawn mower. So sad to see through three layers ( tee shirt, heavy sweat shirt, and fleece vest) every vertabrae was countable. Yet he has to have the joy of being outdoors and for him being outdoors means making the yard beautiful. He admits he was pushing it. The mower jerked him around in places and he stretched to open the barn style doors.  As aconcequence he has sore chest muscles. Advil helps. He was concerned about a big bump but turns out it is his rib cage.  He just doesn't see right away the result of not being able to eat because of the fluids and saliva and early satiation. 

His appetite has improved some and I keep working very hard to please his taste buds.

The best part of this week is having my vision cleared of scar tissue. It is going to make a difference. Tomorrow between trying to get a respiratory therapist to check the adjustments to Fisherman Hubby's V-pap, I hope to paint with my sister-in-law while Don's brother does some yard work. Then in the afternoon one of our daughters and granddaughter from Utah are coming for a week.

With my urinary tract infection, I may not report so much about my art work.  but instead write about the pros and cons of having a car. I am debating about selling it and hiring Lift or Uber.

2 comments:

Ruth Armitage said...

Please take care of yourself, Diane. I hope your visit with Sister and Brother in law is a respite. Hugs to you!

Joared said...

Hope you get over your UTI as I know from experience they're no fun -- neither are side effects, even rare ones, from some antibiotics so take care.