Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, September 09, 2020

by Diane: Update #20 for caregiver's min-arti respite; Fisherman Hubby had reason to say I have a one track mind

Tuesday, September 8, felt disoriented and uneasy when the bloody sky kept getting darker between something like 6:30 AM and 7:30 AM.  Not getting better until after 9:00 AM.  The pavement still had streaks of bright copper tone. Then through out the day I kept looking through the window watching the dunes of ash swirling and building. I thought how wonderful it would be to collect the ash and see howit would color ceramic glazes or glass to commemorate when people learned that in this world we must prioritize the collective good before deciding what free wishes we can give ourselves without harming others.

     To make us feel better I planned chicken and dumplings in gravy with peas.. Yesterday's gravy was less than I remembered and the bone broth in the pressure cooker would not be ready to make new gravy. so the gravy became chicken soup and the boiled chicken thighs were not as tender as could be. Fisherman Hubby graciously ate the soup except for the dumplings.  With the last chicken in the freezer I promised him that tomorrow I will fry it in oil like he is used to eat since childhood.

   Dear friends who have graciously asked what they can do for us, please make gravies every third day,  Save Fisherman Hubby from baby food.    He needs a gravy  from supper strong bone broth without onions and pepper. This is a wonderful creative challenge. To make a tasty gravy without onions and much spice.

3 comments:

Fishing goddess. said...

Your writing was all those things funny, interesting and cool!!! I bought a pre-roasted whole chicken from Freddies the other day and after using it for two dinners I cooked and boned it and used the broth to make vegie soup. Sounds just slightly like you trying to make gravy for Don. Wish we were closer I would be glad to make him gravy. Our love to both of you.

Tabor said...

Yes. I have been cooking and finding things not coming out at they used to. I am wondering if I am getting a poorer quality of meat? Something is different. Maybe it is my aging tastebuds.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Finally on Thursday I had some success with the gravy but still learning how hot I can get away with thickening it without scorching the bottom of the pan. Shortcuts are not always good.