Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, September 09, 2020

by Diane: Update #19 for mini-art respites from caregiving: Should I return to the discipline of a series?

In our dining area I live with new evolving paintings of granddaughter, boyfriend, and neighbor children these past two Fridays!


Friday, September 4, 

A granddaughter and her boy friend came to work on their paintings at neighbor's fish pond. They plan to come back Thursday, September  10. to maybe finish their paintings. I will stretch their paintings so it will be easier to apply salt effectively. 

Monday, September 7, Labor Day

The scent of baking delightfully fills our home.  Using our new convection oven and practicing to become a good cook, I failed - the first pie shell tossed.

 Unexpectedly, I have more time to think paint and acrtually paint as Fisherman Hubby takes more naps.  Thinking paint when I stir the blueberry filling. Thinking about paint when I do the endless laundry. While I do the mundane chores, my mind perks soaking in the beauty surrounding me leading me to new ideas to try in paint. Not so boring is looking through cook books for easy to chew and swallow ideas. I must change how I manage the time of preparation. Before cooking make step by step plans. I need to cook the sauce and potato even before the salad! Always running out of time to chop the meat even though the Cuisinair food processor works fast.  My cooking is frustrating when Fisherman Hubby cannot eat what I prepare similar to when I am frustrated when a pain goes ill. Life for me is an art problem in need of creative resolution.

Should I return to a  mini-art respitite series like my earlier one of topology knots. Every time I entered the studio decisions of what I should do every daywere limited?

 

 

1 comment:

Joared said...

Appreciate the lovely photos of barrel cactus blooms. As for California wildfires, prevention is complicated. Whatever care is necessary needs to occur as Mother Nature's weather conditions will likely only exacerbate dangerous fire conditions. Descriptive reports I hear and even see sometimes from overhead visual coverage often show pre-existing fire breaks and cleared road areas, clearing of brush for distances around homes and other buildings. Sometimes backfires are reported and shown to having been set.

I'm amazed so many wildfires are started throughout the year by lightening. All too often they are also man-caused by people failing to use common sense judgement as is reported to have occurred with our current Bobcat Wildfire in the L.A. area when an incendiary device was set off to emit colored smoke for the purpose of revealing the gender of a woman's unborn baby. Frequently we are told wildfire causes occur from sparks emitted by various vehicles. Clearly, as you say here, a variety of techniques need to be used with firefighter experts and environmentalists working together to address the wildfire issue. Like in so many matters including social issues, worsening in the past four years and especially egregious now, politics needs to butt out.