Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Monday, January 19, 2009

Good news

Because after I had written last year about my brother's learning he had prostate cancer, and some of you have asked how he was, I wanted to tell you the good news. He finished his chemotherapy and radiation in December. They gave his body time to build back up and he had surgery the 13th. He is now home with the good news that they got it all. It had not spread to the lymph nodes or anywhere else; so it all looks very good. He's feeling surprisingly well after the surgery and said he has virtually no pain already. What a relief.Once more I want to recommend to all men to be sure you get yearly blood tests for prostate cancer. It seems I know more and more men who have had it and by getting the blood test, you can catch it before it spreads. My brother's cancer was caught with the blood test in a very early stage but it was a particularly virulent type which most likely would have killed him if he had not been proactive with that test. Routinely get that test, guys!Also he was very high on the great care he got through Veterans Hospital and how wonderful his doctor was. They took good care of him and gave him the best possible chance to beat this thing. VA sometimes has people who find fault with it but it has fine hospitals and doctors and for my brother it was a life saver.
All of these pictures are from a Sunday hike into a nature area near the farm-- small pieces of what I saw-- little vignettes of nature that created almost abstract paintings with how the colors and shapes lay. They are of the small stream, frost on leaves, lichens, fungi, reflections in a puddle, oh and something that didn't grow there but enjoyed her time in the woods very much.

9 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful Pictures. The eye of the beholder is so important in photography and you certainly have that good eye, Rain. You compose your photos like and artist does on canvas.

If you read my blog today you will find something at the end.

Carol Murdock said...

Beautiful photos Rain........
Good news for your brother and yes,
the Va does give excellent care to it's Veterans.My Husband, Son, Father and Brother all go there.

Kay Dennison said...

What great news!!!!!!! And good for you for reminding the guys of the importance of that test.

And your photos, as always. are gorgeous!!!!

robin andrea said...

That's such good news about your brother. Your whole family must be relieved.

Beautiful photographs, rain. They really capture details of the northwest.

Sylvia K said...

What good news about your brother! I know you are all so relieved and happy and I'm happy for you!
Your pictures are just gorgeous as always. Hope you're having some of the lovely weather that we're having.

Shimmerrings said...

Hi Rain, thought I would drop in. Sorry your brother went through that, my brother was diagnosed, too, but took a natural route, and so far so good. Nice pics... and I like the one of you, very natural... you have hair like mine :)

Anonymous said...

May God bless your brother Rain! My younger brother has leukemia but he is doing well...He is a disabled veteran from the first Gulf War...Stay strong...:-)

Joy Des Jardins said...

Wonderful wonderful news about your brother Rain....I'm so happy for him...and your whole family.

I just love these pictures....the colors are stunning....like art. And the one of you is beautiful Rain....

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

YES, I am so happy for your brofther and your family. I sense your relaxed happiness in your picture. Beautiful are the abstract photographs from nature.