Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Monday, January 19, 2009

Bush commutes sentences

Might I say that I am proud of President Bush for making this decision: Bush commutes sentences of Border Agents.

Yes, sometimes force goes too far; but if you studied this case, it looks to me like it was an overreaction for the amount of time to which these men were sentenced. They have served more than enough time. If you want law on the border, in an increasing dangerous time, then you can't make the people enforcing it second guess their decisions where delaying can cost them their own lives. We are lucky anyone wants to do the job. I find fault with Bush a lot but this seemed to me the right call.

5 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I agree with you and since he's made very few decisions that I could agree with him on, I think it's appropriate that he now get the hell out of Dodge!

Ingineer66 said...

See Rain, once again you show that when the rubber hits the road you are true red blooded American. We can disagree on politics all we want, but on the really important stuff, we pretty much agree.

I am ready for change too. I expect my check from Obama by Friday. They can party for a day or two, but then they need to get busy saving the world by spending money.

Kay Dennison said...

I agree Rain!!! It's a dirty job and that they served time at all was wrong.

I'm sure they and their families are delighted.

Anonymous said...

I agree...Thank You President Bush!!!

Anonymous said...

GWB was right to commute those sentences !!