Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Uncle Jay Explains Congress

Someone made a comment regarding how can these candidates run all over the country and still do their jobs which reminded me of this little explanation of how hard Congress works. On top of that, they decide on their own ethics, their own salaries, their own health care. Is it any wonder people are as dissatisfied with Congress as with the President.

Last subject the comment was made about why would Congress spend all the time they were on steroid hearings with so many major problems out there-- which is a good question. Steroid use is illegal. Where are the police in investigating it. Considering how little time they actually are there, it makes it even worse.

Enjoy Uncle Jay. He has many topics he explains on other YouTubes. In case YouTube doesn't come in well for you-- Uncle Jay Explains Congress

6 comments:

robin andrea said...

I've never heard of Uncle jay before. What a delightful character. He definitely understands how Congress works.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

On the run as I read your entry tonight, but I'll see what Uncle Jay has to say when I have a little more time.

Harold/AQ said...

Ah, where was Uncle Jay when I was a kid?

Ingineer66 said...

I saw this episode last year. It is hilarious. And sadly true. I agree with you. They always seem interested in stupid stuff when there are real issues out there. Like say illegal immigration or the budget deficit. But then they might actually have to make a decision that someone doesn't like. The legislature here in Cali is just as bad. They are busy debating SUV use or gay marriage instead of the fact that we are billions upside down on the budget and cannot provide basic services or infrastructure to our exploding population. Rome is burning while Nero plays the fiddle.

Suzann said...

That is tooooo funny - I am on my way over to see what other things Uncle Jay has to say. Unfortunately (for us) it is true. Thanks!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny, Rain! I love Uncle Jay. And I'm amazed at what he says (and I believe it). Now, I'm sure that some members of Congress use SOME of those "work periods" to actually come home and schmooze with constituents. LOL.