Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, June 24, 2020

By Diane: Mini-art respite update #5: Rewards and learning experiences

Another week past inwhich I did little active painting. But as always I kept looking both at nature and my paintings.

 
   My swallow paintings are in the final step in the process - critiquing.  Critiquing is slow going.
       Friday my willingness to try something new in painting spilled over into life. Once in awhile my wild ideas result with good creations.
         I learned this week that a hand towel is a perfect window cleaner when the terry cloth is  pulled from a washing machine load and is moist.  I learned that a mashed cooked sweet potato blended with oat milk, whole cow's milk, avocada and butter makes a delicious cold soup.  It is also good as a sauce with meat.
          Another food adventure was not so happy.  Instead of mixing gratted chedar cheese I substituted cottage cheese. Instead of chopped tomatoes I substituted chopped peaches.  Instead of bread crumbs I added gluten free, brown rice crumbs.  The egg held it together but the sugars from the peaches browned much too quickly. After the first test burger, I turning down the heat. I thought it was delicious but not suitable for Fisherman Hubby who would have had a hard time swallowing the partly crispy edges.
          My guilt free, rewarding, comfort foods are variations of sweet potato soup or cream of avocado soup. I made a chocolate pudding when I add unsweetened coco powder. No added refined sugar or sweeteners! Wish I had a camera to have captured Fisherman Hubby's face. I have two desserts to myself. 
           Sometimes Fisherman Hubby has too much congestion and sometimes he over doses the dryin drops and his mouth is too dry. We both agree that his menu and his meds are not working well. Maybe more convenience foods. Bring on the chocolate coated vanilla icecream Micky bars. He liked pot stickers.




4 comments:

Tabor said...

I have been taking over-the-counter allergy medicine for a few weeks...never had to do this in the summer before...but it has improved my sleep and reduce my coughing and nose blowing. I take only 1/2 a tablet and do skip a few days. I hate messing with body chemistry.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Tabor,

Sympathize with us allergy sufferers!! After one night of zyrtec, I found it has the same drying effect all over my body so I cannot tolerate it. The Xlear nose spray may be enough to clear my nose and ear canal.

Rain Trueax said...

I cannot do any of the allergy meds due to higher blood pressure if I do. Not worth it but I miss having a med. I can use nasal spray when it is just saline

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Rain,
xlear from grapes and a half a zyrtec and saline. do not know yet about BP