Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, June 17, 2020

by Diane: Mini-art respite from caregiving update #3; Where have the swallows flown?



Enjoying  feeling empowered
seeing this painting gradually develop
adding a brush stroke
at each mini-mini-art respite

Just a week ago the air was a constant show of fledgling swallows learning to fly and once in awhile making some awkward unexpected landings. Some continued to pester their parents for good eats. Less often they flew in pairs. But after I observed them for several months, I saw repeatedly a flight pattern that approximated a geometric, topological tangle - two flying around each other higher and higher as if ascending a column.
        Tuesday at 1:00 PM the Western sky turned blue, slate gray. Then one vulture flew in circles closer and closer followed by at least 12 more. Straight above the swallows having nothing to fear from vultures circled this way and that in a tangle unlike when they used to feed in pairs flying parallel one slightly ahead of the other. The vultures and a few swallows met within a close distance before the vultures veered south not advancing overhead.
       Then the storm was overhead and it rained for a few minutes.
       I can't believe it is Tuesday, June 15.  A week has gone by and all my mini-respites are mini mini. It was unusual this week. We celebrated our 55th wedding anniversary. My creativity has gone into cooking for Fisherman Hubby making sure my little masterpieces are just right in temperature, in soft consistency, right size bites, salty enough, and not too sweet. Sometimes I am rewarded when he finishes my gourmet attemps. My frequent failures are more often caught in time to improvise something else. One daughter is trying hard to make convenient frozen meals. But I am going to ask that she my meals since I do not need to be so particular about appearance. I enjoy the challenge of preparing the very best I can.
       On top of it all I have been scrambling to get someone to install bath tub grab bars into tile.

Butter crust failed - going back to part Crisco
       On top of everything else we need to figure out and practice for the hopefully unexpected event that I should have a medical emergency. Fisherman Hubby, his primary care doctor declared that he cannot speek clearly enough to explain necessary information to 911. She thought he might be too distressed to use his surface pro Grid 3. Well maybe if we practiced. Today I will steal time from my mini-mini-respite.
       Well enough writing, I am going to paint now and make a lemon merangue pie.

         Later after dinner, I can say this time the meat loaf was improved when made with low fat hamberger but an all butter crust  browned while being mostly raw. So I removed the filling and will put it on a graham cracker crust.




3 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

You should get one of those buttons that lets you alert someone when you push it. Life Alert, I think they call it. People who live alone need them.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Yes, I have been promised by friend to try an extra one they have.

Rain Trueax said...

I've only seen the ads, but think you have to register to get them to give you the service. I mean it's not free what they provide as they need people there to receive the alerts. I think it'd be worth it if I lived alone. A friend of mine fell when she lived alone, broke a hip, and laid there hours before someone checked. Fortunately, she survived and bought the life alert for if there was a next time.