Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, June 25, 2016

making plans or not

 The first nest of tiny hummers is out, and we are seeing what we believe to a few of the hybrid Allen's and Rufous.  The garden is really humming...
 
Over halfway into the next book, depending on how long it ends up, I really don't have much to say here, as writing books can be emotionally consuming. I've also had a set of family/friend happenings, which makes the writing spotty for when I can find long stretches. I don't mind such breaks, as family and friends are important to me. I do though find I lose focus-- and don't even get me started on politics right now.

So these are photos from the land we lease for our cattle. It's upstream from our pastures. It's had its own complications. And the weather has changed patterns constantly-- although no extremes. My part of the Pacific Northwest has been milder than usual but don't plan picnics with this kind of pattern.

All I can say is to-date, 2016 has been the year that when I make plans, next thing happens is they get changed. I am feeling A LOT that I have little control over anything. I guess that's true of life in the big picture, but in the short-run, we do make plans-- and in my case, when I make one, I need to have several backups in mind.






No comments: