Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sad news

I don't often write about the celebrity world but when I heard that Michael Jackson had been rushed to the hospital in bad shape and then that he had died, of cardiac arrest, it was something about which I wanted to write.

Having teen-agers growing up in the 80s, I was familiar with Jackson's music. I vividly remember the video he did for Thriller. Innovative, exciting, amazing, so artistic and so was his talent at that point. One hit after another. Such a beautiful young man or so it seemed to all who saw him, I think.

By the time of his death, we all knew something had gone wrong in his life. One thing after another actually. Sometimes I have a feeling about such people; what they are like inside, but to be honest, I didn't about him.

When he went on trial for molestation, I thought the information that was revealed showed a very unusual man (at the least), someone who hadn't really grown up, but I didn't believe he had molested that boy. I was glad when he was found innocent even as I wondered what exactly made him live as he was living. But, too many other things indicated that the family had done this before. Jackson made a good target-- a lucrative one. Some would say that trial destroyed him, as well as his $20 million dollar payoff to the family to not have to face it all again. I think, however, the destruction had begun much earlier.

Possibly too much fame too early. Maybe something in the family that none of us can speculate about or should, but the first sign of a serious problem was all the plastic surgeries to try and change what he looked like. Who guessed when he made that video for Thriller and morphed into an inhuman face, that he was going to do the same thing to his own, to what had been a very handsome, strong face.

For reasons I can't imagine he turned himself into a clown, something clearly inhuman. Why did doctors let that happen? I am no psychiatrist but it seemed to me that Jackson's face was an outward symbol of something that was badly wrong inside. Could he have made a comeback if he had lived? I don't know. We never will know now.

When the news said he was dead, I felt sadness that that boy who created such wonderful music, who danced with such passion and control, somehow lost control of his own life and was destroyed possibly by his fame.

It has happened before, thinking of Marilyn Monroe, and will probably happen again. I can only think it was sad... very sad.

4 comments:

Ingineer66 said...

The 70's took a beating this week. First Ed McMahon then Farrah Fawcett and now Michael Jackson.

ainelivia said...

well said Rain. Uri Geller on tv this am saying that the stress of the upcoming tour killed Michael. Whatever took place, we have lost a wonderful talent in our world, though behind that wonderful talent was possibly a very lonely, very gifted human. so sad for his family.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is very very sad...Such a truly talented man, gone. I agree, something must have been so wrong inside him for him to try to change the way he looked ub such a drastic manner....I do think his music will live on and will be what people remember.

Dixon Webb said...

He and Elvis and the Beatles were a popular shade before my generation. Their talents can not be denied - and all of them will live on through their music. Personally, I suspect that Michael was simply overwhelmed by the stress of his declining finances and (perhaps) his declining talent as well. Whatever, it's a sad day.

Dixon