Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, April 04, 2009

Desert canyons

Catalina State Park has an assortment of trails for all energy levels. From the park, the hearty can hike clear up into the Santa Catalina Mountains, sleep out in the open, and walk for miles.
For less stamina, my favorite trail is 2.6 miles and loops through the desert plateau down into a small canyon with a little creek-- a creek that is perfect for wading or sitting on a rock and meditating.
Because we were later than last year, I expected to find no wildflowers but there were plenty to admire along the trail. On the ridge above the creek canyon, the trees were just starting to leaf out which seems to indicate, to me, that Tucson is also having a late spring. No complaints from me.




9 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Beautiful flowers! What a fun place to hike!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Such pretty Wild Flowers....!
When you said Catalina State Park, I'm thinking--Catalina Island...here, off of the coast...lol! But I know you are in Arizona....
It sure looks pretty there, Rain....And it looks so nice and warm, too!

Darlene said...

Rain, you are right - cool weather hangs on here too. If Arizona runs true to form we will go from balmy (well windy now)to hot days overnight.

Kay Dennison said...

What a great place!!!! Thank you fr sharing it!

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Photos of rocks makes me think the rocks are softly rounded like flesh. Excellent photographs.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flower photos, Rain. I'm glad that you caught the wildflowers. Our redbud trees were three weeks early ablooming and got caught by the blizzard of the 27th-28th.
Cop Car

(I never noted before how similar the colors of your and Janeywan's hair. Both are beautiful!)

Beverly said...

I love the photo of you on the rock with your feet in the water. I wish I was there to push you off that rock and sit a spell......just kidding.

Rain Trueax said...

That would be fun, Beverly :) There were several good sitting rocks.

And thanks on my hair. I am enjoying letting it be the color it wants to be and the light changes it all the time. Wednesday I am having it permanented. I have no idea what that will do.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

Gorgeous photos. I feel like I went on the hike, too.