Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Keeping my eye on the ball

I don't know about you, but in my life, there are so many distractions that sometimes I lose track of where I am going-- long term-- or even where I want to go. I wrote this blog in January-- [Finding a Dream] and although it's been in the back of my mind, I haven't been working actively on it.

Then I got a comment to that blog from someone who had found their dream and wrote to encourage me on my own. Isn't that great that strangers can do that for each other in so many different ways but especially with blogs? Every so often I get a comment on an older blog and always appreciate knowing that the words are still out there and being found.

At the same time the comment came, I have been seeing other examples of people who have had dreams, temporarily them lost, but now are getting them. It has made me look at my own again (written down in January 2000) and see what it will take to get, if not all of it, at least some. I will say that over 9 years later, my dream hasn't changed for what I would want. Now is it really possible, that's more debatable-- still gotta think positive, right?

Two weeks ago, a friend of mine, Cynthia Tierra, whom I met in Tucson before she moved to Sedona, gifted a free rune reading to people on her email list. Cynthia, who taught me reiki, had done a rune reading for me at a Tucson psychic fair several years ago, but this one was of necessity over the phone.

Runes are symbols carved or written on wood or stone. They are an ancient alphabet but when used for intuitive readings, they have a contemporary meaning. Although I do have Tarot decks, I have never gotten into casting runes myself and that's partly because of my confusion regarding how you read them. There are 24 symbols and from what I have seen, they can vary in their meanings depending on the reader.

After this reading, I am thinking maybe I will try again with my own set of runes. I favor getting mine on stones but it would be possible on wood. I am guessing that like Tarot you have to find the ones that suit your inner voice. I could find stones and make my own and that has some appeal as the symbols are very cool.

From what I have seen of runes, and I am by far no expert, they are kept in a small sack. The reader will draw out one small stone at a time with several common patterns.

In the case of my reading, I hadn't asked a question. The reading followed Cynthia's format and basically was to help me with first an overview of my current situation-- which was to look at what brings me JOY.

The second stone was to define my challenge: WHOLENESS, getting to a place of self-reliance.

The third was what action must I take? Basically that one meant to figure out what my SELF wanted, needed, desired, and knew.

Finally came the overall view: STRENGTH. That I need to find strength and that might come through creativity.

I feel the rune reading, like most good psychic readings, fit pretty well with what I know about myself right now and was related to the blog commenter who reminded me to not give up on my dream.

Computer art is mine as are the footprints in the sand. The path above is the sheep's. They often (as you can tell) take the same path when going somewhere. In a way the solitary footprints and the path made by many going the same way illustrate two different ways to find our way. Follow the path of others or find our own-- that is the challenge.

8 comments:

Dixon Webb said...

Friend Rain . . Reading your latest (and excellent) blog on spirituality, tarot, psychics, runes and etc. reaffirmed that you and I are on different wavelengths altogether. At the same time we seem to be searching for the same elusive clues to why we are here and how can we make the best use of our time. I am reasonably convinced that religion was invented by mankind to explain the mysteries of our existance. I also think that religion was constantly modified and changed by man as new discoveries explained layers of reality. I am a bit dubious about the meaning of astrology, luck, runes, tarot cards, mystics, and so forth, but I have no doubt at all that these things have helped people in the past, and will do so in the future. I am not sure why this is true so I mentally attribute this unknown to the spiritual side of our being. If we believe strongly enough that religion or idol worship or tarot cards etc. can help us - then perhaps it is so.

End.

If I'm allowed just one more comment today, I want to apologize big time for my former note on this Obama medical program. Your reply caused me to re-evaluate my assumptions, and I found that for the most part I was wrong. Thank you for pressing me to open the book and study further.

Let's forget Republican and Democrat for a while.

(1) There are millions of people in the United States that do not have medical insurance and can not get it. This is something that has to change.

(2) The costs of medical care are out of control. Evidently the free market of competition is not functioning as it should.

(3) Medicare and Medicaid seem to provide reasonable care, but neither is established on with a sustainable base. Both programs fail that fundamental requirement.

(4) On web site http://www.commonwealthfund.org a thorough comparison study significant national health care systems indicates the America is far from the leader in this field. Caution: I do not know the commonwealth fund an can not vouch for it's accuracy. They've been around for quite a while and on the surface they seem reliable.
(5)None of the above indicates to me national universal coverage is the answer. It does not seem to have been successful anywhere in the world. (6) Specifically, the Obama plan creates more problems than it solves, is way more expensive than our nation can afford (yes, so is the war in Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, etc. or any other war), and Obama's 1,000 pages of fine print plan is not understood by it's proponents or the citizens it is supposed to help.

Rain, our present system is deeply flawed but nationalization is scary to contemplate. It appears that we do need government intervention in the areas where the plan is weak. Not control, but legislative guidelines that are more within our reasonable means.

Enjoy your day.

Dixon

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Since this post is about runes, I will stick to the topic but some other time I would love to address Dixon on health care.
With all the noise out there on helath care and other topics like war, hearing your own voice is difficult.Do you just find someone to follow like the sheep do? Or can you think creatively? Assists with runes is just a way to focus. For me painting or clay helps me see relationships. Through art I feel feelings, define problems, and invent possible proactive solutions.

Rain Trueax said...

Thank you, Dixon for your thoughtful post and even though health care isn't the topic, it's so important that I would be happy to have anybody comment on it who wishes. Real ideas are what we need now and Dixon presented a conservative perspective that is worth having others discuss also if they wish.

Stefaninberlin said...

really interetsing to read your posts

berlingirl said...

great blog

Anonymous said...

It was extremely interesting for me to read the post. Thanx for it. I like such themes and anything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more soon.

Anonymous said...

Don't stop posting such stories. I like to read stories like that. Just add some pics :)

Anonymous said...

I don't even know how I ended up here, but
I thought this post was great. I do not know who you are but
definitely you're going to a famous blogger if you
are not already ;) Cheers!