Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Friday, January 22, 2021

by Diane:Letting go of old things is hard

 January, 21

 

Today my wonderful daughter was so kind to bring the Suburban so she could take a pile of lumber. Old lumber that won't warp like new growth lumber only available t  So I am not entirely letting go of Fisherman Hubby's lumber at home, My daughter took some  yew wood Fisherman Hubby picked  out of the rubbish when he worked at Georgia Pacific in Bellingham. The grain is very close and did not cure as well as we would have liked so there are many cracks. I at least narrowed the extensive collection down to a few curly maple, mahogany, magnolia, birch, cedar barn wood, pine and oak pieces plus two unfinished cedar siding planks for maintenance on the house.

When I get hung up on a keeping streak, I like to go look at the progress on the new to be studio.  The space looks bright, and roomy. Then making life decisions is easier.



No comments: