Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Friday, January 15, 2021

by Diane: My scariest day yet as a widow

 For starts a credit card would not approve a purchase. Credit Card customer service said they had not received a payment since the 20th of October. Have to call their rebate office on Monday. But the scary thing is I text two credit card numbers to a possible scammer who identified themselves as a customer service rep for the company selling a convection wall heater for the shop/studio.

But on this Friday a big crew worked on the shop including an electrician named Jake who has the distinction of living off the grid and enjoying the hard work it takes to be practically self sufficient without electricity. His fortuitous presence was calming almost.  I thought of two options when I could not turn off the internal vacuum cleaning system in the garage attached to the house.  I could pull over a bigger ladder near by and stand on the very top so I could try for the third time to pull the plug just under the ceiling or I imagined running out to the shop without a mask, hysterically calling for help.  With great effort and care not to fall backwards when the plug finally pulled loose, I actually succeeded.  I was shaking and fearful that the motor on the vacuum was overheating.  After finishing in the shop Jake came and inspected the wiring and gave his approval.   The vacuum works for him.  But he said keep that ladder handy.

No comments: