Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, January 06, 2021

by Diane: My joyous art expression and today's storming of the symbol of our Democracy

 Tuesday , January 6

 In times like these I cannot box my art off from the tragedies I witness. I am deeply sad. If I would take time away from my pet project of constructing an art studio, the paintings might be disturbed and angry or they may be about our shared humanity in hopes they will touch people to be aware of what we have in common. They would not be what others call me - elites. such a label discounts my opinion and self . The painting would not depict hate. I do not hate politicians whose behavior I condemn. My painting will not diminish and justify hate of anyone. My paintings will not be envisioning a future that is hopeless. Today I found a conviction for future paintings in the shop.  

Tomorrow a contractor will come to make an estimate on future changes to the shop and house.

1 comment:

Joared said...

Probably wise while your energy is strong that you are not side-tracked from your goal of constructing an art studio. My life might have been better served had I kept my strong burst of energy available for self after my husband's death, focused more on the plans I had just begun to undertake. But then, what might I have missed, or maybe it wouldn't have been missed, just different. Oh, well!

Given recent tragedies, hate with violence rather than civil disagreement is such a waste of energy, and not one I generally would want to experience in a painting, so can appreciate an artist might not want to paint such.