Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, July 01, 2020

by Diane: Mini art-respite update #5; More Life Changes

It is so sweet and makes me feel so wonderful t
hat my grandchildren really want my art work.
What stands out to me this week is the never ending details to be worked out in planning to conduct care in place in the home for Fisherman Hubby diagnosed with late onset bulbar ALS. One of many difficulties is putting a plan in place in case I have an emergency and my Fisherman Hubby cannot speek clearly enough to the 911 switch board operator. Then getting a network armed with all they need to know in order to smoothly take on the workings of our home.
   Another detail is preparing the house for room enough for all the equipment for an ALS patient.  Also getting the long term care policy working for us to help with the cost.

Our daughters and grandchildren support truely warms my heart. My oldest daughter from Utah was here to help.  My head was spinning to direct my children to most efficiently perform many tasks. The AARP hasa wonderful booklett that has been ver helpful in covering how to manage the necessary conversations and planning  many forseeable future needs.

Failed as far as being able to paint. Instead I chose to submit five paintings to the TENTION/HARMONY Art About Agriculture competitions. Could only manage to get the information in for two paintings.

Creative cooking has been wonderful.  I am learning from my daughters. Especially keen about corn starch breading for fried /baked chicken.  My loving daughters insist that I should replace a broken stove and they purchased a ceramic fry pan for me.

3 comments:

ElizabethAnn said...

It is sweet that your granddaughters want your art, but why wouldn't they? I admire your art and especially like the flying bird (swallow?) painting. So sorry about your husband, I hope you get the care you need (for both of you).

Rain Trueax said...

Have you connected with Hospice in your area? Until I saw this blog I didn't know they did in home care and have so many to help with various things. I posted it at Facebook but don't know if you saw it as it got a lot of comments of those that had experienced it when they needed it for their families. And Now Hospice. I used to think Hospice was all about going somewhere else. It was amazing to me how much they help with.

Tabor said...

I am glad we live in a country with many support services and you are blessed to have wonderful grands.