Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, July 22, 2020

by Diane: Mini-art respite from caregiving update #9: A new meaningful direction

This painting might be close to finished.  It could be an illustration in Fisherman's Hubby's revised book about fishing that we did in the late 1970's or early 1980's when we lived in Bellingham, Washington. Since then he has expanded into fishing from a glass drift boat and aluminum Almar motor boat.
As his ALS prevents him from many physical activities, I hope he will join me in making a book that we can pay to be bound in a display book. Even if he doesn't feel like composing it, I am going ahead with this project with the assistance of the  Home Instead Senior Care caregiver.

This week has been very upsetting to me seeing Don suffer sometimes not being able to eat without choking or taking longer and longer to eat mostly staring at the food and not really wanting to eat more but still trying.  Don't know if he will engage in the book. Don't know if he will change his mind and accept tube feeding.  Wish us luck, yesterday we scheduled an appointment with his neurologist.

Excuse my short post I need to make sure that Hospice comes to asses us this week.

4 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

Good luck with Hospice as they could be a big help. So sorry to hear how it's going for your husband :(. Really tough.

I hope you consider putting the book out as self-published. It would be good to have what he knows about fishing available to more people. Kindle and paperback would make it possible for more to get it.

Darrell Michaels said...

My prayers are with you and your hubby, Rain.

Rain Trueax said...

Diane and her husband, fisherman, have been good friends of ours since college. It's him, who is facing this difficult disease.

Darrell Michaels said...

Ok. I misunderstood. I will continue my prayer for her and her husband.