Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, July 08, 2020

by Diane: Mini-Art respite from Care Giving Update #6: Being Prepared

EARLY MORNING CATCH AT RIVER BEND
ON THE SILETZ RIVER

REFLECTIONS SEEN AT SPACE #10
COYOTE ROCK  RV AND MARINA
SILETZ RIVER
 So happy! Two paintings are back home from being loaned to the Oregon State Fish Hatchery and Research Center on Fall Creek.  Thank you to Ann and Fran from Seal Rock for delivering them last Thursday. Seeing my work from about seven years ago lifts my spirits and increases my desire to paint large again someday.
Fisherman Hubby and I are limited by his ALS. We are not up to stretching canvases espescially large ones. We continue to do yard work together.  Making preparations for Fisherman Hubby's future needs has almost consumed me this past week. Soon we will have Home Instead care giver here 4 hours on Tuesdays and 4 hours on Thursdays. Then the long term insurance submission forms completed, a new Samsun Stove, a taller toilet, maybe the chimney sweep will also clean the clothes drier duc. Soon I will have a medical alert button system in case I have an emergency. Fisherman Hubby in the moment won't be able to speak clearly to 911.  Most of the time I can not understand anything beyond a word or two. For more lengthy communications he types it out on his Surface Pro Grid 3 speech generating devise.

Tuesday was the first day that our Home Instead care giver worked for us. Mostly I was showing Anastazia our pantry, Freezer, BBQ and every thing she might need. She did an awesome job grilling the prime rib and cutting it small. And we love our clean floors and bathroom. Plus this afternoon I had time to work on a memory painting of a niece's father. I hope to finish it before the celebration of life July 13.
 



3 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

Michael's has big canvases at inexpensive prices. Not as good as the ones Don made but they work as I've used them. You could also get them mail-order like you did when you guys were down here for when the time you want to paint big again.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I would have to do them by mail order. And when I have all the ducks in a row, I will.

Darrell Michaels said...

Your paintings are absolutely beautiful. You are greatly talented.

I am so sorry to hear about your husbands ALS. You both are in my prayers.