Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, April 29, 2020

by Diane: Update 12, Preparing to submit entries to Art About Agriculture Competition

Thursday, April 23, I got out my paints and set up on the back patio to paint the swallows in flight. The surface was a self prepared watercolor paper with textured Golden absorbent opaque acrylic primer for water media with addition of acrylic red color brushed in with the idea that I would paint a grass field.
Friday, April 24, the day was primarily devoted to doctor appointments and husband's future needs. Upsetting to realize his driving days are numbered. His doctor feels obligated to order him to turn in his driver's license.
Now I am walking on egg shells. He claims he is safe for the few times he drives to medical appointments. He wants an assessment - upsettingly difficult because during the lock down his occupational therapist is not conducting driving assessment services. He is on a list to be called when these assessments are being conducted. He is also trying to get on in Salem in case that is faster.
   Is the only option to turn in his driving license before his capabilities decrease?

 Saturday, April 25, I was happy and thankful that I planted a wee little garden of sugar snap peas, radishes, lettuces and carrots. I am thankful that most every time I look outside I see the swallows and I am coming to a greater understanding of how I want to express them in paint. 
There is another call to artists to submit to the Oregon State Art about Agriculture competition and touring exhibition 2020 called Tension/Harmony. The prospectus has an uplifting goal of envisioning the future. I am energized to continue my swallow series. Yes, I see a future of pest controlling swallows in balance in beauty. Swallow power better than insecticides killing too many insects, then swallows too.


 Monday, April 27, winds changed the flight path of swallows. They are faster and the axis of their body wavered side to side as they flew. Started a drawing outside but too late in the day to get maximum activity. This was a good day to add more paints to my palette. 
From my studio window I notice up high in the distance I might pick two swallows flight path may be a topology tangle. Finding a mathematical language to describe some of their flight might be possible under the right air conditions. Don't know if this kind of flight aids in their feeding.


Tuesday, April 28, the morning began with the sunshine on the woods behind the field and the light reflected on the shiny wings of the swallows seen against a shadowed field - my next painting. I hope I can remember the tutorial on how to pay bills. My mind was wondering thinking about how beautiful a friend of mine's painting was on the wall next to the computer screen. I asked for a repeat on how to get to the website. Hope I remember how to pay the bills next month.

The best thing about painting for me at this time is seeing and appreciating beauty.





6 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

So sorry for what you two are going through. I have so many wonderful memories of the four of us doing things together. I just hope there is some path forward for Don that makes this all better. Very very tough thing to be happening-- the kind of thing I'd never have imagined even possible, yet I've read of it in others. Some though do get remission, depending on exactly what it is.

As for driving, he needs to think that if his doctor has warned him not to drive and he had an accident, the lawsuit could be astronomical. Once he can get evaluated by someone professionally for whether it's safe, it'd be safer legally too.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

The problem is he could be good to drive this week but not next week. So as long as he doesn't drive, I am fine. I believe he will come to the realization, that he must follow her orders. But if he does drive, I will immediately report it and his doctor says what she will do next is not pretty. Wish I knew what that would be. My imagination includes scary thoughts.

Rain Trueax said...

You are right though for his sake and that of others. Very courageous and loving toward him also

Aqua Group said...

To prevent a pool from storm people usually use a pool cover, but in case of a huge storm, do not ever cover a swimming pool

Rain Trueax said...

We might have to cover it, Unknown to prevent the evaporation when it's a hundred out

ElizabethAnn said...

Lovely drawings of the swallows in flight! I like the first painting too