Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, February 29, 2020

Leaving a review

by Rain Trueax



 waxing moon from February 25th

Wow, it is the last day of February and a Leap Year. I have not heard anything spiritually important about it being the 29th, but kind of cool to see it. There was a time when women could propose to men in a Leap Year-- that was in the old days before that became a more routine possibility. 

We had a wonderful visit with my brother. After years with less time together than we would have liked, a week was a true gift. My mind then was totally on having as much time with him as possible as well as making sure he had some fun experiences.

Now, however, my mind is turning back to writing-- in particular my books and reviews. How much do readers understand how important their reviews are to books, that they are part of the reading experience? It's not just about sales but also letting readers know about stories they enjoyed as well as those they did not. Reviews are about a conversation as sometimes someone agrees or disagrees with a review they read. 


It does take a few minutes to leave a review-- although less time if done right after the book is finished and without more than a few sentences or even just one. A review can be as simple as-- I loved it or it was disappointing. 

If you've never done a book review, please consider with your next read-- or even one you still remember from the past.

My recent book, Ever as Before, has had two reviews that I really loved. Now, not all writers read their reviews, but I always do-- eventually. IF someone is reviewing a book that has been out a while, it might take me a while to get to it. I will though eventually. I've read some less than flattering reviews, but I take into account what the reader said. It's usually my only contact with them.

Here are the two reviews:
I enjoyed this beautifully written book by one of my favorites authors, Rain Trueax. After being widowed for sixteen years, life takes an unexpected turn for Maria. One she would never have dreamed of. A natural born witch, she is worried about her daughters because of the unseen forces working against her. This book is filled with demons, gnomes, and shamans. Maria needs help in fighting the ones who want to destroy her and her entire family. I enjoyed reading about the love and closeness between the family members. And I loved the way the storyline continued with Maria and her hopes of a HEA for herself. 
and

Once again, the senior demon Azaziel came into the world of humans and in particular the Hemstreet family. This paranormal story-line was far-reaching and set to affect all who knew Dr. Maria Cordova, her family and friends. The mystic world and all its variations are hard at work in this book right up to the exciting conclusion. In the end, I want a gnome of my own! Thanks to the author, I loved reading this ARC and recommend this book to all those that enjoy the paranormal world.
  If you've never given magical realism a try, this is one you might check out. Doesn't everybody wish for some magic in their lives? You can get it in this series and these books. Fifth one about the witch family is at: Ever as Before. For now, these are all exclusive to Amazon to make them able to be borrowed by members of Kindle Unlimited.


No comments: