Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, February 05, 2020

by Diane: Update #4, Care Giver's Art Escape

The past week had my mind spinning, running about from one doctor to another with tests in between.  Then in addition Monday at noon my husband accepted an opening for an overnight fitting for a C-pap machine. He slept through the night which was phenomenal for him. But now we have to wait until the end of February for the results. Unless there is another opening!
       To my relief the painting palettes and found stamps proved to be exactly right for my life. One of the circles is made with the cardboard protection for a spark plug that a neighbor helped to install in our Toyota pickup. At the worst time the truck's transmission went belly up. Through all the distractions, my painting experience was better than I expected: I could paint a little every day for at least a few minutes.
        I like the linear quality of knots that I discovered in a math course about topology, a branch of geometry. Professor Satyan L. Devadoss' THE SHAPE OF NATURE is a video course from The Great Courses designed for not only people engaged in math but also for history buffs and even artists. I am amazed that I am getting a rudimentary understanding of my father's math hobby. I  am comforted feeling closer to him.  I have his wisdom in how he took such good care of my mother.

 

4 comments:

Diannt said...

Very calming and beautiful!

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you, Diannt.I am working at letting go of perfection which will calm me. Often in the process of painting it does not go well and I become frantic trying to control the outcome to prove that I am an OK artist.

Tabor said...

All new to me but sounds very renaissance. I guess I have missed out on the care giving part, but it looks like your life still has balance.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Tabor,
Good to hear from you.
I know from past experience as a mother with a often sick baby and as a daughter caring for a mother with dementia, I have to be doing some art. So when I saw my husband not recovering fron his hiatal hernia surgery, I started setting up my studio so I could easily start and clean up. I planned a project that was more meditative with fewer choices. All this prepratory work is paying dividends now.