Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, February 22, 2020

busy week

by Rain Trueax

(Oops, I thought I had made this blog live. Well it has been a busy week lol)

This is a busy week for me with my brother visiting for a week. I am so happy to have him. He and Ranch Boss have done more things together than with me as I am still having foot problems-- as well as being totally out of condition. It's been great for all three of us as we are pretty much compatible. Until this opportunity, I haven't been with him as much as I'd like as he lives in Portland and when in Oregon, we live about 90 miles away in the Oregon Coast Range.

At any rate the only thing really going on with me is time with him, great conversations, I might add, writing, and what I see is going on with politics. Oh, we have watched some great movies together. My favorite was Murphy's Romance, also set in Arizona.

The photos are one of the things that we've done with my brother (Casa Grande Ruins National Monument above) and the wildlife cam at our Tucson house. This one is set to look up from a small draw that is on our property. The building beyond is the end of our Tucson house where the shop and storage room are. It represents part of what we love about being here-- sharing this place with these denizens both are night and during the daytime.

























We had a front view of the bobcat last month.




7 comments:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...


The trail cam really results in fantastic natural wildlife shots.

Rain Trueax said...

It really does. I wish we could find one that did good night shots but they are now mostly just to let us know what is going on out there.

Annie said...

Nice photos, looks like a nice place to be in February! Too bad about your foot but nice having compatible family visit.

Rain Trueax said...

It's been a wonderful time with him. More than I could have expected.

Brig said...

Sorry to hear you are having foot problems. Enjoyed your photos, especially the quail.
I've missed them here. In Red Bluff we had lots of quail and turkeys. Thanks to a large open space area near the hovel I do get to hear coyotes.

Joared said...

What an interesting selection of wildlife visitors you have. Always heard the wild pigs, boars especially, could be really troublesome. Cactus bloom will be lovely. Sorry you’re having foot problems and hope you’ll be better soon. Pleased you can enjoy your brother so make the most of that time together and those conversations. I miss my only brother who was a decade older than me — so significant in my life.

Rain Trueax said...

Mostly the foot problems have led to my being out of condition. The 'boys' are enjoying their time the two of them; so it's a good thing however it happened.

Javelina are not like feral hogs, which can be huge in size and dangerous. The most a javelina can do is rip someone's leg, which isn't good, of course. They did kill the neighbor's dog with their tusks. They are actually the only wild pig of the Americas.