Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, December 13, 2009

Bolt


If more people watched Bolt, would there be less abandoned pets? Regardless of the answer to that question, I recommend it as a great kid film but enjoyable for adults (at least if you are young at heart).

Bolt is the story of animals that are basically abused by humans. Bolt has been taught he is a super hero but not a real dog. Mittens was declawed and then abandoned by her owners. Rhino (hamster) was overfed and basically driven a little nutty by his limited life.

The story is cute when these three animals come together. The results make for a fun movie but there is a bit about how our pets are treated woven into the plot. John Travolta is Bolt's voice while Miley Cyrus voices the girl who loves him. This was the first time I heard Cyrus sing (very big star with the tweens) and was pleasantly surprised at her talent. Over the ending credits, Travolta sings with her. He's always enjoyable to hear).

3 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Thanks!!!! I might just give it a look!!! I still haven't recovered from Travolta in drag in "Hairspray" -- and he did it well!!! LOL

Dick said...

I recently bought a BluRay DVD player (full theater sound system) & have bought BluRay players for my sons for Christmas gifts. Now I'm buying BR DVDs. I bought one called "Cars" for myself because I really like that movie (I saw it at a drive-in in my Miata back in 2006) and another animated BR disk for my 9 YO granddaughter, but I am wondering if there is really any advantage to the digital quality of animated films on BR as opposed to just plain DVD video? The BR disks do cost more, but does the viewer really gain anything? I'll look into Bolt as it does sound good.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

I'll look for this. I watched that silly Hotel for Dogs last night and loved it.