Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Monday, November 02, 2009

Profile photos

Maybe because I am a very visual person who loves to take photographs, paint and admire other's painting, the photo I use for a profile is both important to me and always a challenge. It's not that I don't like photos of myself, but more that none ever seem to say the right thing-- for long.

Where others might only see my profile photo once in awhile (if they notice it at all), I see it every time I come which is more often than it used to be since blogger went to an updating blog roll making it easy for me to visit my favorite blogs when they have a new topic.

My profile photo that I liked the longest, which lasted clear through the summer, was black and white, a little fuzzy, with shadows across my face which might be why it lasted so long.

Since seasonally I update them, no sleeveless tops when it's freezing outside, I change them regularly but am rarely satisfied with the results. If the photo is smiling, what about when I don't feel like smiling? If it looks contemplative, someone always thinks that means I am sad. Well sometimes I am but it's more that I don't go around smiling all the time. I want a photo to look like I look-- well not necessarily in harsh unflattering light.

To take a new one for here, one that I like but probably is a bit on the somber side for some people, I lightened up my own mood by having some fun doing it as I took a few other possibilities. To be honest, if you and I were having a conversation, you'd probably see some of them now and then. I know you'd see some if you watched the news with me.

The last one suits well how I feel whenever I read or see anything about Joe Lieberman!
You in Connecticut, who want a public option, you have a big responsibility here to lay weight on this guy! And next time he comes up for re-election, can't you send him to the lobbyists where he clearly belongs?



So what do ya think? A, B, C, D, or E?


13 comments:

robin andrea said...

I often want to change my profile photo, especially when I remember that the pic I'm using is nearly four years old. I just can't seem to find the right one. So the old one stays.

I like the look in all of the photos you've posted. They're very playful and light-hearted, even though you are contemplating serious things. My choice is a toss-up between C and D. You are such a cutie!

Ingineer66 said...

Of course C

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I have always thought even in Tucson days, that you have a most expressive face that would be beautiful for all your life. I am happy to see that you are having fun with it. As for my vote among these few, I am drawn to C.

Kay Dennison said...

I can't decide which I like best!! And what Diane said.

I don't really like my current profile photo but it's prolly the most recent one so I guess I should stay with it.

Dick said...

Of these five I'd pick C. What you really need is a Harry Potter type photo where it updates itself all the time, always matching your current mood. Please let me know when you find one like that, too.

Darlene said...

I go along with the majority; it's C.

Paul said...

You are a vision of earthly delight Rain !

Ugich Konitari said...

C is to Ooh-la-la.

I like A.

Alan G said...

Loved all the 'looks'!

You need to do a whole series of those photos covering all your blogging moods and then at the top of each post put the one that most exemplifies the context of your post... seriously. Similar to the post before this one.

PS - I like your current profile photo but 'C' is cute and playful.

Rain Trueax said...

Thanks everyone for your comments. I like that idea, Alan and if I can remember where I put these the next time I write a political blog, it would provide a good warning to the reader for what might lie ahead :)

joared said...

I picked "D" as my first choice. Alan's idea is really good.

Dixon Webb said...

No contest. "C" fits your prose and your landscapes. Which did the farm boss pick?

Dixon

Joy Des Jardins said...

You are such a nut Rain...Yeah, I go along with "C"...but Alan does have a good idea.