Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, November 15, 2009

blog roll updates


The blog list that updates itself is a terrific tool, but also really frustrates me because it does not update everybody on it. There is no logical reason for this. There are some very good reads that do not seem able to catch the ring that lets readers know they wrote something new: [Darlene's Hodgepdge; Here in the Hills; and Blaugustine]. They always show up at the bottom and although they regularly update, blogger cannot recognize it.

Irritating though it was, I had resigned myself to this problem before I added Bumps Stump. At first it looked like it had worked but then I realized his listing had one topic, it kept going down the list, but he had written more. Is this a setting that some have on their blogs, and if so, what?

Anyway, check out Dixon's regular blog, Bumps Stump and don't assume he hasn't been updating because he probably has.

Dixon and I often do not agree on politics, but he has a strong, articulate viewpoint on many things. When he does write about politics, I do not see it as hate-filled or angry as it can so easily be. This is also the case of another conservative blog which I have on my blog list, Ingineer's Ramblings.

To be honest, I don't read a lot of right wing blogs. It's hard to write about these things and stick to the issues without them becoming filled with venom (on either side). I am always grateful for those who stick with me despite that disagreement-- especially if they comment here with some logic on why they differ. It's a hard time to be open minded, but I think it's important that we listen to each other.

AND if anybody has a clue as to why some blogs can't update, I'd love to hear it.

(Farm from the gravel road between storms.)

13 comments:

Paul said...

I think that listening can solve a lot of problems. I have my point of view, but it may not always be right. If I am wrong I will change my opinion and not stay wrong out of hardheadedness and false pride.

Ugich Konitari said...

I have the same problem with Darlenes Hodgepodge. So I would love it if someone finds a solution....

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

http://www.google.com/addurl/
Add your url and the google bot will crawl through your blog and it will update on the blog roll I believe.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

The photograph of the gravel road between storms captures the mood of the storms. Great lighting of this time of year.
Paul has a good point on being openminded. I sure hope I am. I know my ideas on "Evil" changes over time.
I remember my high school teachers reminding us in such debate of the importance of defining the terms. It makes all the difference.

Dorothy said...

Hello and I wish I could help however, I'm so slow with the web that I'm considering stopping my blogging.

Thus good luck with the question..

Dorothy from grammology
grammology.com

Anonymous said...

It is really distressing to see the vitriolic writings on left, right, whatever. We seem to think we are made superior by using harsh, extreme language in describing those with whom we disagree. Wonder why that is? Yes...we definitely need to listen more and shout (orally or written) less. Reasoned debate is not invited or fostered by such words.
Cop Car

Rain Trueax said...

Thank you, Parapluie for the URL. So if someone has a blog that is not registering on other people's blog lists, go to http://www.google.com/addurl/ and register your blog. I hope that helps

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Paul,
Your comments on listening and not shouting are very good.

Ingineer66 said...

I noticed that my blog on your list is not showing the latest post. So I went to the Google site and registered. We will see if that helps.

Rain Trueax said...

Blogs don't update immediately anyway, but yours was from yesterday and should have been showing up and yet does not. Now yours doesn't have the little x behind its name on my dashboard listings which is what the other non-working ones have; so yours looks like it should have updated and yet didn't. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr This makes no sense.

Rain Trueax said...

I tried re-adding your URL, ingineer, and it still isn't updating it. This is frustrating.

Ingineer66 said...

Technology is great, when it is working.

Ingineer66 said...

I wonder if it is something to do with me using Google Chrome web browser. I also left comments on Paul's and another blog today and they are not there now.