Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, August 24, 2008

Who Started Cold War II

Pat Buchanan makes so much sense in any article he writes that it always amazes me when I see him on any of the talking head programs and he seems to defend the right wing policies in lock step. Maybe that's his job there to present the 'other' side, but when he's writing about things like this, he presents questions that both Obama and McCain need to take seriously.


There is little doubt, given his rhetoric, that McCain will welcome another world war but why is harder to figure out. He knows what it's like to suffer. He must have some vague idea of how over extended we are. So is it all about his own temper and his feeling that war solves everything? I do not understand.

3 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I've been asking myself the same question for months now. It would seem that anyone with his experience as a prisoner of war would have him speaking out against war not for it!

Dick said...

Maybe it is a bit of bluster, hoping that the old idea of speaking loudly and carrying a big stick will avert problems. That works sometimes but I expect that it also backfires about as often as it works any more. There are too many others with big sticks.

I realize that we don't want to ignore the rest of the world and it's problems but I don't like the idea of my country becoming the police and enforcers of the world.

Anonymous said...

Is it that some simply see military solutions to all the world's problems? I think someone like McCain who spent a career in the military and has "fighting" in his genes so to speak, might not turn out to be someone who looks for ways to solve problems with words.

Honestly, he's not sounding all that articulate on the campaign trail so I'd guess he fits better in the former group.