Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Thursday, July 26, 2007

Bush and martial law

The following link is not the only place I have read about what Bush has signed into being to grow his presidential powers. It has links to all of these issues, not just the martial law, which if you haven't been looking closely allows him in an emergency, declared so by him alone, to stop elections until he alone decides it is safe. It allows him to override a governor and use the National Guard however he decides. It also has a link regarding the latest addition-- confiscation of property based purely on him decreeing it to be so. Why is this sort of thing being talked about mostly in blogs?


It's upsetting to me that not only has Bush been growing his powers into an imperial presidency but also not enough people mind to turn it around. Do Republicans have that much trust in him?

The Constitution is being trashed by these people in the name of keeping Americans safe. War is being waged with that same excuse. Our founding fathers feared just such a thing. Do you? And what is wrong with Congress-- Democrats and Republicans-- to let him get away with this? Does he have the courts so packed that he has no fear they will stop him or whoever is truly behind his actions?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely terrifying! I predicted as far back as a couple of years ago that this might happen, that he would find (or create) reason to invoke Presidential powers to delay the next Presidential election, thereby installing himself as a de facto emperor. It may be happening. I would not be so concerned if we had a congress with enough courage and spine to buck him, but they have already proven what a spineless lot they are, Dems and Reps alike...

Anonymous said...

I guess I have to say that nothing surprises me with this Adm. anymore. Actually, I'm disgusted with all of it....people, politics, everything. I'm not sure what's happening, but it's like half the country is residing on another planet.
And yes....this is beyond terrifying to think this could happen!

Kay Dennison said...

Nothing our government does these days surprises me much. If our president calls our Constitution a "damned piece of paper", can you expect him to respect and follow it? I kind of doubt it.

Anonymous said...

Your last three posts have scared the hell out of me, Rain, but I appreciate your diligence in reporting this stuff--which I resist even hearing anymore becaused I feel so damned helpless. I'll go back and read the link in depth.

Anonymous said...

I am no fan of astrologers or GWB. Their power is a sham, but Bush's is real. Rain get out your George Orwell books again dalin'.

joared said...

I continue to be appalled at what this Administration persists in doing with noone calling them to account. Congress, both parties, seem to be "out to lunch" mentally. The press is too busy trying to win favors and be on "the inside." We best keep our eyes on plans the Adm. may have for the Internet. They can't be too happy with bloggers.

Rain Trueax said...

In this case, Paul, her article had very little to do with her being an astrologer. It was links and opinions regarding what Bush has been pulling off. The only astrology was that last little bit about the timing of some of it.