Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, March 20, 2021

a break

 by Rain Trueax

Because I get my second Moderna vaccination this week and because I have no idea what effect it will have on me, given what I've heard from friends, I am setting up this blog to be photos from March.

We have had interesting weather with clouds sailing past some days and then snow on elevations just above us (our elevation got rain-- hallelujah). My life is quiet and may stay that way or not, after I am past the vaccination thing. I believe in those of us who can to get vaccinated and help our country get back to normal. Nobody though knows how the vaccine will impact them.

Since I got so sick from the nightshade debacle, I haven't been able to stand TV. That means no news there since February 27th and no movies, not even our own. My attention span is limited. For awhile, I didn't want to be online but that got close to okay-- still not as much time as before.

Mostly I enjoy lying on the bed, with the cats near, having my husband read news to me or from a book and a lot of time to just be. I like looking at the sky, trees, birds, and mountain. I've begun to try to identify clouds and it all reminds me of this [Joni Mitchell-- Clouds].

Such quiet times, I find it more satisfying than many things I used to enjoy but now wonder if they were just filling time. Eating is something I look at with great concern-- like will that have a nightshade in it? It has led to eating less for sure.

Anyway, photos after the jump break














4 comments:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

The cloud pictures are wonderful. With my phone camera I am not getting the clouds any color close to what I see.

Rain Trueax said...

I'm not impressed with phone cameras. Maybe you ought to consider getting a digital camera, maybe one small enough to fit in your painting supply bags for when you are traveling.

J said...

What beautiful photographs!

I hope your second dose went well. You’re right, no one knows what to expect. I had a sore arm as my only side effect, but several people I know have felt pretty crummy, with headache, fever, aches, and overall tiredness. It seems to go away in a day or two, though, so if you get any of those symptoms, take it easy, lots of water and bed rest, and ibuprofen or Tylenol.

I have a friend whose husband has gout, and when he is in a flair, he pretty much survives on chicken and fruit. And the only bread he can eat is homemade with organic flour. It helps, but has to be boring. I’m sorry you have been so traumatized, your reaction sounds miserable.

Rain Trueax said...

Thanks, J. I had almost no reaction to the second, some redness around the injection site but no real soreness either.

The big thing with nightshades is how many unexpected things use small amount, which is too much for someone like me who is apparently super sensitive. No more processed food :( But on the upside, there is plenty else out there that i like. It's just reprogramming :)