Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, November 18, 2020

By Diane: Update #4 for Transition to Widowhood: To clutter or not to clutter

In my new larger studio there is space to spread and print onto paper and canvas off of a Formica surface. I allowed a happy accident with the baby wipe torn to become a resist so the underlying paint would not register.  Then the underlying acrylic paint dried.  Spritzing helped make a few more prints. Then the uninticipated surprised me. the baby wipes absorbed the acrylic and printed with interesting effect. Then I pasted the paint saturated baby wipes in front. A story developed. with some accidental straight lines in contrast to the organic bold ones. Nature is strong and our architecture is weak.  Nature wins. And all this when my springboard to an intuitive journey was the subject of clouds. Actually the first print I did was cloud like.

The living room/ studio looked really neat and inviting last week and because it is the first thing seen entering the front door, it needed to be looking orderly. Or is my creative process better if a little cluttered? I will let your imagination be the image of my studio once orderly now actually being used.

I declare a new chapter: Finding meaning for a new painting series.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

Those who are in the art admiring world and not the creating art world probably need a slow and staged transfer if they enter your house. That is just my opinion. I would love to se a video of this process.