Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, November 25, 2020

By Diane: New chapter in my widowhood : Thankful for 55 years of marriage and my new normal

Maybe a new direction emerging where I will put Paint down on canvas, study it until I see a subject and then pull the image to make it visible.
 
Just loving how many different nooks I have arranged where company can paint here in what was a traditionsl living room, kitchen area, covered patio or garage!  And in the future the shop will be made comfortable for painters.

Happy to say all the estate stuff is done except for a few loose ends on their way to being resolved.  Thank you, thank you dear Fisherman Hubby for putting affairs together to mke my transition go smoothly.  A very good ending to 55 years of marriage. Every day is like Thanksgiving inwhich I can thank him for something.

With gusto I started  painting which puts me into a new mental place -  where necessary tasks are forgotten too long..  Dangerously distracting me from paying bills and purchasing food suplements among many other things like contacting apple to complain that I am blocked from paying for more storage on the cloud.

The balance between doing art and carrying on the needed tasks of life is a familiar on going balance almost as a widow as it was as a wife. The difference is only fine tuning this balance to new demands of taking on the tasks that Fisherman Hubby used to perform.  I have less laundry and less food prep and clean up. Now a laundry every three days instead of every day! The dishwasher filled every other day.

To keep a vehicle or not is my most difficult decision. I need more space for my art that the car takes up in the garage.   No car would mean more money to spend on travel and less stress keeping the car running safely. I could do without the stress of driving. Besides I do not use the car often.

On the other hand I remember the stresses my mother had when she did not drive and rushed around in a freenzie to get to the bus on time.  And those waits for a taxi!  So as a result some of my dreams these nights are about waiting for  the bus or being on the wrong bus. So the decision to not have a car will be a brave one inwhich I will remind myself that I can side step those fears.

 

 

2 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

There are more options these days like Lyft and Uber. To add to that there are all the shopping options like GrubHub where you tell them what you want and a shopper visits the store to get it. One of the few blessings of the virus.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Yes in some ways the changes in how people are moving about are helpful. we are almost like it was in the 50's when the milk and the laundered work shirts were delivered. And the Fuller Brush man's unwrapped delivery of a child's broom was explained away by the explanation that he was Santa's helper. Now there are so many options.