Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Monday, March 23, 2020

by Diane: Art escape update #5; Painting play with Platonic surfaces

Brussel sprout
At a time like this I enjoy the little miracles that I  see in  my food preparation as well as important family and friend relationships.
       My husband and I are tremendously thankful for our amazing family support; our two daughters, one experienced a 5.7 earthquake at the Salt Lake airport, but waited patiently until the airport reopened and flew to Portland, Oregon. Needless to say I did little painting, with company and the important doctor's appointment about the future of my husband's neuro motor disease. We were uplifted with being able to together start making plans for future needs. In another couple of months we will have a better idea of our future time frame.
        My family is encouraging me to go back to landscapes even on large formats. The warm weather had me yearning to get out the oil paints. At the same time I was able to view the Great Course lecture by mathematician Professor Devadoss on the topological Platonic solids' surfaces. Part of the lecture was illustrated with a child's toy for constructing solids.  This week I can report that I am resisting oil painting from nature that requires more complete emersion and energy sucking process. Instead I am incubating ideas of painting the Covid 19 virus which happens to be in the shape of a Platonic Solid.

Bok choy


Red cabbage

1 comment:

Tabor said...

You defiately have the eye of an artist seeing such beauty and interesting shapes and tones in nature. Lucky you to also have a pastime/hobby tht fulfills you in these difficult times.