Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Painting from location, then at home

On my fourth day I still have not looked at my digital images of the location. But now I have reached a  turning point and tomorrow I will decide if this painting will undergo further abstraction or will I add children playing in the creek. Tomorrow on this blog will be more about the camera sas a tool in painting. Below: The progress on an oil painting on a 40" x 60" canvas.
 
 
 
 









2 comments:

KristiDoesPDX said...

I really love this painting! I think it is so successful. I am totally drawn in to the abstract images in front then suddenly I see the bridge in the background, and it changes my perspective. Personally, I don't think it needs kids, but I am interested to see what happens when they are added.
-Kristi

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you Kristi. It does not need kids unless it is a sentimental painting that just might interest the grown children of the property owners where I was painting. And maybe they would like it better without them in the painting.


I've been working on it today and it is becoming better to look at up close. I mostly am adding texture with an antique spatula. Embossed lettering says made with USA steel. Family heirloom inherited from my husband's uncle and aunt who owned a bakery. The spatula looks as though it would be good for smaothing on cake icing.