Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, May 11, 2014

behind the covers

 Cytisus scoparius, Scotch broom, regarded as a noxious weed by many, quite prolific in my part of Oregon. It has lovely flowers in the spring which cause all kinds of allergy problems for those sensitive to it.

For any of you interested in creating book covers, check out my Rain Trueax blog for today. I have several done by writer, Charlene Raddon who has gotten into the business of creating covers under her pen name Jenetta Dodge. I also show how I put together a background that likely will not be a cover but will end up a trailer for my next Arizona historical (which follows characters in Arizona Sunset and Tucson Moon) aimed to come out in July. 


3 comments:

Ingineer66 said...

The Scotch Broom is very pretty this time of year, but there are eradication programs in the foothills around here because it is so invasive.

Rain Trueax said...

We have one on our land too ;). Farm Boss is very allergic to it. It is good though for putting nitrogen into the soil. It will take over though if a person doesn't keep at it.

Tabor said...

I would like to check out book covers and their creation. Intersting. I just need a break.