Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Thursday, February 02, 2012

Imbolc/Candlemas

As usual with the coming of the Celtic festival, Imbolc, which means ewe's milk, we have our first lamb.  This is the time of new birth, of the beginning of spring even though the official spring start is a month and a half off. We can see it though in the grass, the tips of the branches, as can the ewes with their bodies swollen and so ready to give birth.

It's how I feel now with my desire for earth healing, my own healing, and a need for vision and strength with this new season as the world again moves toward the light. The rainbow above the cattle was taken February 1st and created by atmosphere. Farm Boss could tell you how come it happens. Me, I just enjoy it.


Because it seemed interesting to look for a card that might represent Imbolc for this blog, I shuffled, cut, and dealt out one.


As happens so often, I felt Elder of Earth was perfect. Journey through the Gaian Tarot says it represents a simple but abundant life. Even though the Elder has security of possessions, she knows true security lies with her relationship with the land, family, friends, community, and with the Great Mystery. These are riches beyond measure. She enjoys a lifestyle of simplicity and self-sufficiency and of cultivating the skills that make that possible.

The perfect card for Imbolc.

5 comments:

Celebrity said...

Really Nice!

Celia said...

"A simple but abundant life," how perfect. I should write that in magic marker on my arm ;-).

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOVE that card and alll ir says...!
Here's to an abundant life!!

la peregrina said...

This post warmed my heart and made me smile. ;)

Anonymous said...

Beautifully done, rain. I love the rainbows and lamb, the elder of the earth, the sense of the changing season.