Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, June 25, 2011

Let it flow!


When I tried to think of a title for this blog, at first nothing came to me. Usually titles are the fun part of writing anything here or in my political blog; but if one isn't coming, that doesn't necessarily mean I shouldn't write anything-- well maybe it does. So I simply began with this and let it write its own title-- which it did.

My dreams have lately been either dynamic, creative and full of imagery-- or they are totally blah and filled with mundane events. It doesn't seem the two extremes go together in any one night nor does there appear to be a reason (from my daily life) for either kind.

I think maybe two weeks ago I dreamed I saw a volcano exploding. Red color and going straight up. I thought it an interesting and unusual enough image that I looked it up only to not like what I read. In the dream it didn't seem frightening particularly, just something to be aware of. The dream site said it means I am suppressing things that are about to blow. Interesting and it made me think I don't like my dream site much.

Last week I had a more favorable dream but didn't look that one up because it was very apropos. In it I was working on a large painting, one I have done before and keep trying to 'fix'. In this case, I finally got one corner perfect (in my eyes) and then realized you cannot do that. The whole painting has to go together or one perfect corner is really only a distraction.

This to me directly applied to all the fiction writing I have been doing. I had been working on the rodeo story which has come from being only on paper and poorly written to a story that seems to be working quite well to my eyes. The characters were always ones I liked but making it gel into a story that I felt was like my others today, well that was a lot harder. But pieces of it were happening in ways that made me feel it was coming together beyond my previous ability as a writer. I felt very good about them... except you cannot just have pieces (see above paragraph) and it's challenging to make those pieces, which really flow and have depth, fit with everything else. The word that comes to my mind is not a word-- argh!


Otherwise the stuff going on at the farm, I don't want to write about. It's bad enough to live it. On the day of the summer Solstice, when I had my plans for making it a day to goal myself for the summer, everything went awry, and I spent the day mostly outside dealing with a sheep tragedy that had me in tears at one point. There is nothing easy about raising livestock unless you maybe are the type to not care.

Since I know most readers here are tenderhearted toward animals, I will not be writing more about that day other than saying making plans with a farm seems to never work very well. I'm not overly fond of advance plans with anything else actually! Let it flow, that's what I like even though letting it flow often is anything but what I expected or good all the time!

The roses are finally blooming and much appreciated.

6 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Your roses are beautiful!

I don't even think about titles usually -- they tend to be difficult for me. My stalled novel is still without one! I figure one will come when I need it.

Dreams? I envy you that gift. I don't usually remember them. I wish I could. I think it would be a great help to me.

I hope your dreams are helping to gel your focus clarified on the issues at hand in your life.

Paul said...

Lovely roses Rain ! And you are a rose of rare beauty...:-)

Taradharma said...

beautiful rose photos - cool and inviting.

okay, the editor in me can't help it: do you want "if" instead of "it" in the title?

Dream-wise: often during tumultuous times I have tsunami dreams, very vivid and overwhelming. I like your volcano vision.

And thanks for sparing your readers the details on the lambs...I, too, am tenderhearted. Sorry you had to endure whatever it was.

Rain Trueax said...

That's funny and no I did not. One of the problems with using internet is a person gets so used to looking over typos ;) sometimes even one's own!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful rose photos!

Being tender-hearted is not a good attribute for a farmer. In that way, I would make a good farmer; but, I'm not that big a gambler!
Cop Car

Darlene said...

I have never seen such beautiful roses and your photos are gems. I think you photographed my favorite rose. You must have a green thumb.

I had a weird dream about ocean waves and it ended with a flood. I am sure Adler would have something to say about the meaning, but I will have to find my own.

I'm glad you didn't write about the farm tragedy, because I want to keep the warm feeling of the beauty of your roses. I am sorry you had to go through it.