Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Monday, June 13, 2011

Columbine


Come May and June, no matter how much sunshine we have had (or not had), one dependable in the farm house garden are the columbine which are hybrid versions of the natural columbine you would find in the forests right now.


These are lush, unpredictable and come in a multitude of colors that I never know what will be where. One might expect that would mean the garden would be a chaos of pink and purple colors.


Yes it is, and I love it!


For the rest of this month I have a lot of things scheduled including a week with grandchildren here at the farm. I wrote several photography type blogs which are pre-scheduled to go up as usual even though I will be doing anything but the usual. If I can get online during that time, I'll put up more of that sort of thing. It really is feeling like summer finally even though we seem to be getting a lot more grayish sky days. I should be back to a more normal schedule sometime in July, I hope.

8 comments:

Taradharma said...

I love columbine - wild and hybrid! How lucky you are they pop up in your garden each year.

You have lively time ahead -- good on ya. Enjoy and thanks for thinking of your devoted readers with your posts ready to go!

If you get the time, during or after, post some grandchildren pictures - that would be lovely! (Can you tell I'm about the have my first very soon???)

Paul said...

Really nice pics Rain...They make me smile...

Rain Trueax said...

Because of the heated political atmosphere in this country, because of the fact I am very open about my own political opinions, because of perverts where you never know who they might be in an open blog, because one of my kids is involved in a business where it could cost them customers, I never post recognizable photos of the grandkids here--

BUT I post them often at Facebook where I also use my real name; so any regular here who has Facebook and uses their real identity there, I'd be happy to add to Facebook to see them as I am quite proud of all four of them and love to photograph them. If you want to add me, let me know, and we can work it out. My email is listed here at Rainy Day

mandt said...

How wonderful are columbines. Years ago when I lived in Gunnison CO. they would appear wild in the timberline meadows around the end of June. Have a good visit with the family. We both remember how much our visits to the farm were a highlight of our kid-dom! 'Babe' says to teach the magic sheep mantra of : 'Bar-Ram-yew' if they don't know it already. :) peace, m

Anonymous said...

Really good post!

Anonymous said...

Columbines are so beautiful! One of my favorite flowers. It's one of the first things I planted when we moved into our new house. They're blooming now here too.

Enjoy your visit with the grandkids!

la peregrina said...

Pink columbines! Who'd of thought!

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

The columbine is very beautiful and what a delight just to have it appear. Enjoy your time with the grandkids. My WA son comes in late Monday night for four days as he is having a tweak surgery to his detached retina surgery from a year ago. Though he pays little attention to me, I get as excited when he comes as when he comes with his family. To me he is little 48-year-old Joey.