Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, August 21, 2010

August along the creek

At this time of the year, the creek sometimes seems to barely be moving. It borders our property and makes for wonderful reflections like the first one below where you can hardly tell what is real and what is reflected. The creek illustrates the feeling of late summer like nothing else.




One afternoon I sat on its banks right below the house, not exactly where the above photos were taken, and painted what I felt. I let the colors and shapes just happen. The foxglove I added were in actuality nearly finished blooming but that's the nice thing about a painting versus a photo, I can add what I please.

7 comments:

Paul said...

Lovely pics Rain ! They put me in a good place ! Stay beautiful !

Taradharma said...

your painting captures the tumultuous fecundity of the place. I like the pinks and the water reflections very much!

Darlene said...

I love the colors you use. The painting is of a very tranquil place; at least that's the way I see it.

Anonymous said...

The painting is very beautiful. I love the color and sense of it. Wonderful creek too.

Asheligh Burroughs said...

Late summer.... a lazy meandering creek.... too hot to do anything useful and so I sit at the screen and pretend I'm on the bank with you. Thanks for sharing ;)
a/b

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Yummy brush strokes. You have so much freshness in the painting.

A.t.o.s said...

:)