Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Blog Comments

Although I have said it before, blog comments are the frosting on the cake for blogs. This is true for me when it's my own blog and also those of the others I read. Comments don't just tell me that someone has read my words, that alone is nice, but it's those added ideas, the feeling we have had an interchange of thoughts that I particularly value. With a blog, that conversation can be from around the world. How cool is that!

Blog comments are a bit like sitting with a good friend on a river bank and having a discussion that winds through many topics-- rather like one I had last week-end with my long-time friend, Parapluie, along the Siletz River (photo above).

After I have read a comment, I don't automatically add anything. My philosophy is that if what someone writes makes me think of a point I hadn't already mentioned or hadn't expanded enough, then I comment. I am not here to argue anyone out of their opinion. Comments are particularly valuable in how they can show other ways of thinking, and sometimes they lead to heated debates. I believe in honoring diverse opinions.

Naturally, I love to hear when people agree with what I wrote as it makes me feel I am not alone in my thinking. I also appreciate it when someone new writes to say they are here. So, to all who comment, regulars or only once-- thank you!

Finally, I would appreciate any prayers or energy you can send to Parapluie, who is having surgery on May 3rd.

Update: She had her surgery and is doing great from it. Thanks to all who sent support!

19 comments:

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

My heart is warmed by "Blog Comments". What a wonderful commendable attitude is so well expressed here. And I appreciate your prayers and energy. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

And there you are, Parapluie, with Rain. It's good to see you up close and personal after reading your comments all these months. Good luck with your surgery. You are in my prayers. And thanks for honoring your friend, Rain, with a post and photo all her own.

Sandy said...

Wishing you the best of luck with your surgery Parapluie, you will be in my thoughts and prayers. Rain, keep up your blog so we can comment, you have such a varied amount of topics that one would never tire of visiting.

robin andrea said...

I always like to come over here and read what you've had to say, and read the thoughtful comments that you always inspire.

Good luck to parapluie. Hope the surgery goes well.

Ingineer66 said...

I really enjoy your blog and photos and reading all of the comments from everyone. And I hope everything goes well with your surgery Parapluie.

Mary Lou said...

Crossing fingers for you And your surgery.

I Live for comments on my blog. I have met so MANY new friends (and one ass) that I never would have had the blessing to know. You all included!

Dick said...

As it is fairly late in the day now on the 3rd I will assume that Parapluie's surgery went well and is now finished. It was nice to see the photo of the two of you. And yes, comments are fun to read. I get torn as to whether or not to respond back there or not. I think many people probably do not return to re-read them to see if the Blogger has responded or not, so perhaps it is best to respond on their blog.

Rain Trueax said...

i have not yet heard about the surgery but am hoping no news is good news.

as for responding, when I comment somewhere else, I always go back to read additional comments-- by the authors or others. Here, sometimes we get lengthy threads going. I would not have thought of going to the commenters blog because it wouldn't relate to what they might've been writing about.

What do others do? Do you come back to look for additional comments or simply write something and not return? Some, of course, write who have no blog

Joy Des Jardins said...

Sending you many good vibes for your surgery Parapluie...may it go well, and may you heal quickly.

A very beautiful gesture Rain....

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of the two of you. Sitting and conversing with a friend is always an enjoyable thing to do.
I agree on the comments. Although I never began blogging for feedback, I do enjoy reading the comments from my readers and the different points of view.
Sending mega good energy and prayers to Parapluie....Get well soon and a good recovery to you.

Anonymous said...

PS....sometimes I go back to read the blogger's comments...if they have a habit of replying back. And sometimes, if it's a controversial subject, I will return to read further comments that might be left. So it really just depends.
For myself, I just don't have the time to leave comments after I post a blog. If a commenter has left something I think requires a further reply from me, then I send them an email.

Judith said...

What a great photo of two friends! Thank you for sharing with your fellow bloggers. I'm fairly new at this form of communication and I find it really refreshing and uplifting. So many wonderful people out there to share thoughts with and read their replies. I really appreciate folks such as yourself that speak their mind and welcome feedback as well.
'Just Singing In The Rain' here in the great N.W.

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know I was here... :-)

Good to hear that Parapluie's surgery went well...

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you for all your prayers and energy. My nine hour surgery went very well and I am feeling very little pain. The surgery was extra long becuase it is one of the first robatic DaVinci latherscopic surgeries done in Oregon.

Anonymous said...

May God bless Parapluie !!

Rain Trueax said...

Try the links alongside this blog and when you find one that suits you, look at the links on their page. That's how you build up a group that you keep track of and sometimes decide to become part of through regular commenting. It can be a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Completely I share your opinion. I like your idea. I suggest to take out for the general discussion.

Anonymous said...

http://www.satan4u.com/drupal/node/18814 - how to jailbreak ios 6 beta 3

http://vinayakgroup.org.in/node/601 - ios 6 jailbreak theme

http://bubbleteareview.com/node/4807 - ios 6 untethered jailbreak download



ios 6 jailbreak for iphone 4s
ios 6 beta 3 jailbreak with cydia
ios 4.2.6 jailbreak greenpois0n


[url=http://clubmedya.net/node/6585]jailbreak ios 6 beta 2 iphone 4s
[/url]
[url=http://v3fit.com/node/1255]ios 6 jailbreak 4s
[/url]
[url=http://ascon.co.za/node/2546]ios 6 jailbreak redsn0w
[/url]

Anonymous said...

NidsAlids Andre Johnson Jersey
Marshal Yanda Jersey
Morris Claiborne Jersey
smoorasag