Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Friday, February 19, 2021

Tending the garden

 by Rain Trueax



As I seem to say often lately, I don't have a lot to say. Life is quiet as we stay isolated other than to resupply. In Tucson, we are not dealing with the extreme weather issues that some parts of the country are experiencing. Personally, I am dealing with anxiety issues, which go back to my 40s as I try to find ways to feel normal. I do remember what normal used to be. Maybe as an old woman, I have to find a new normal. I just want it to feel okay, to feel good. 

I very much appreciate much of my life. It's a simple one. Not a big house-- either of them. We are lucky enough to see our son move into our farm and manage it. My gosh I am proud of how he's gone through what he has to be the kind of man who helps others. Same thing is true of our daughter. They are caring people-- those who give back. I cry when I think about it. I wish we were closer to them but that's a choice also.

Recently I read an article where Keith Urban was talking about how he tends his relationship with his wife. He sees it like a garden where you have to work with it to keep out the weeds and nourish what you want growing there. Good wisdom and not just for a marriage. Relationships need tending. Being a long way from my family makes that harder other than the love is always there.

Then, I saw this YouTube and it seemed to fit. I thought I'd share the link here. It's about relationships -- and how they don't always work but we have to do what we can to make things as good as they can be. It's not particularly long, not experts but people's experiences-- in this case celebrities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXDz6tv3p_w

2 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

To go along with the link in the blog, here's another-- Denzel Washington wisdom for life

Joared said...

That’s an awesome photo scene!

So true what you say about needing to nourish relationships like a garden. I, too, miss the presence of my family members so must find other ways to encourage our mutually nourishing our garden. We do have more inexpensive ways than before digital, so for that I am glad.