Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, November 06, 2019

by Diane: About the header painting

 
The header is a detail  from "Rock and Snow," an oil painting on cradled 12" square by 1 1/2" deep board. It is one of a series begun the summer before my senior year in high school. The first painting was of Humbug Creek with a big moss covered rock - my first oil painting on location.

1960

I have been back to Humbug Creek camp ground two more times and painted the rock and creek. Abstracts often evolve into this series at isolated times.

July 2,000

 
Nov. 3, 2019, down stream from Fall Creek Fish Hatchery and Research Center


 
My demonstration for afternoon watercolor workshop
at
2019 Fall Creek Arts and Crafts Festival
November 2, 2019
 
Painting the rock is always a comfort zone painting reminding me of pleasurable outings into the out of doors. The most recent was done on a marvelous sunny day with not even a breeze at the Fall Creek Festival.  More on the festival watercolor workshops I taught in my next blog Wednesday, Nov. 13.

2 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

I LOVE all your paintings.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you Rain. Your support means a very happy spot in my being.