Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, June 19, 2019

by Diane, Summer change

The flowers in our front yard are fun to groom this time of year.

Summer weather is here and it is time for a change in my blog posts. More hours of light means I am drawn to activities away from sitting at the computer. Sitting and typing has not been kind to my body.  In recent posts my involvement was high.  I enjoyed laboring on them for most of several days for each post but unfortunately sitting caused anatomical difficulties in my 76 year old body.
I should change my computer seating. I keep saying I want to stand at my computer but it is yet to happen.

Early in developiment.
My painting and garden are calling. Just not right to be writing about art when I could be painting. My wrists have become the problem and some days I cannot do the simplest tasks. I've seen a physical therapist and my hands are not going to be problematic this summer.
Needed richer color

For the time being, this blog post will be less philosophical. My vision is posting a painting and gardening diary for the summer.
               
 
My dear readers, I wish you a beautifu. summer.


.


6 comments:

Rain Trueax said...

It's always good to shake things up. Hope you enjoy your summer. Did you know you can use windows orally? It makes mistakes, takes some editing, but actually does work as a way around typing.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thank you Rain. I could do oral windows when I know what I am going to say. I can use oral windows this summer because it is easy to speak my diary of painting process. Not so easy when I am formulating the philosophy behind my process. I am not as verbal as you are.

Rain Trueax said...

I think it takes getting used to a different process. I could not stand and work as it's harder on my back than sitting. You might consider a better computer chair. We are thinking of getting two of those for the trailer to make working there easier than the dining room chairs that are not comfortable.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

I also like the idea of a desk that raises up or down for sitting so I can alternate between the two. Standing in one place isn’t good either. When painting I am moving all over the place.

Rain Trueax said...

I move around quite a bit while writing but less when reading the computer. I take frequent breaks to do something different. The standing or sitting desk would have me always sitting. Even unloading the dishwasher has me standing too long and my back complaining. I probably need to do more stretches. Ranch Boss says it's not enough stomach muscles... but what does he know lol

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

All good ideas Rain.
And after saying this summer's posts will be simply a diary of my painting experience, something compelling came up in my life. It is about human nature at work in putting a spin on research used in writing history. In 2012, I wrote up a summary of research I did on our family supporting the theory that our name was not Widler. I distributed my findings and theory to family. Later I found evidence that our name always was Widler or an eqwuivalent with a different spelling.
Last week I became aware of a New York best seller author who wrote an article about our family. One of his sources was interviewing a family member. He has published an altered form of my theory as fact. Soon I will write an in depth post.
So, Rain, I will try some of your suggestions. Thanks.