Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Wednesday, December 26, 2018

by Diane Widler Wenzel: New Year creative expectations :Ordering supplies for painting 2019

December 2018 my painting involvement was slowed to just looking at my recent oil paintings and wanting to make changes but my paints were packed away until longer, warmer days after my recovery from cataract surgery. So now recovered I am finding excuses not to paint. Love my progress in remembering my French I spend mornings listening to the lectures and doing the activities in "Rendezvous with French Speaking Cultures" from The Great Courses.
My paintings are crowding into my indoor work space. But not for long! A little more space will open up when I hang about twelve in the south hall of the Corvallis Caring Place in January.
So while dreaming in a catalog my husband jumped to order for me a Christmas gift of  ten Daniel Smith watercolor sticks. Something I will take on the plane to Hawaii soon. I wonder how they will work on surfaces that will be finished with a permanent varnish so they do not need to be protected with glass.
Also shopping for glasses or some combination of glasses and contact lenses that will be perfect for painting..
My cataracts are replaced with lenses correcting for relatively close distances for painting and  the computer. Works perfect for computer but not yet as well for painting indoors and outdoors. I am experimenting with many options. So far big paintings require a contact in one eye for distance. Far distance vision is necessary for the painting to look natural. For close work, also, the vision is a little fuzzy and I actually see better without magnifying glasses from Fred Myers. Apparently I need sharper vision for painting than I do for reading.
 After the holidays, I should be getting the driving glasses I have ordered last Friday. If I go with monovision with one contact lens, I will need reader sunglasses. I've been told that Walmart is a good source for reader sunglasses.


2 comments:

Joared said...

Happy holidays! Hope your vision gets corrected as you would want.

Diane Widler Wenzel said...

Thanks Joared.
And Happy holidays to you.