Oregon writer, Rain Trueax, and Oregon painter, Diane Widler Wenzel co-author Rainy Day Thought. Diane generally posts on Wednesdays and Rain on Saturdays. There may be extra days or changes as situations warrant. Comments are always welcome and appreciated as it turns an article into a discussion.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

sometimes a meme helps

 January 2010 Oregon Coast
There have been times where I look more into whether I am satisfied with what I am doing or whether I need to make changes. Some of that happens because life changes with aging. In a time like that, mental exercises can be helpful. 

For anyone wondering whether they are where they wish to be, this is a useful exercise. I filled out this meme on March 2, 2010. When I read what I'd written, I think on the essentials, with a few minor changes, it'd be equally true for today.

To do it for yourself, erase what is behind the colon.

><>><><><



I am: an unconventional woman who looks conventional on the outside
I think: about the meaning of all life and get nowhere with my thinking
I know: less than I should about many things
I want: passion in my life of all sorts
I have: a good life
I dislike: hypocrisy
I miss: someone
I fear: loss
I feel: joy
I hear: the computer
I smell: nothing
I crave: life lived fully
I usually: follow a routine
I search: for beauty
I wonder: about life
I regret: nothing as it’s useless
I love: freely

I care: deeply and forever when I care
I am always: thinking I should do more but not doing it
I worry: under certain circumstances which mostly revolve around family
I remember: Tucson
I have: a good life but it’s not all I want
I dance: sometimes around the house
I sing: when a song comes to my mind

I don't: give up easily
I argue: about things that matter to me

I write: constantly
I lose: with grace—i hope

I wish: for my dream day
I listen: to others
I don't understand: hypocrisy
I can usually be found: around the farm

I am scared: when something loud and scary happens outside at night and someone must check on it
I need: to have more discipline
I forget: names sometimes, numbers more times

I am happy: in spurts with cycles of up and down

3 comments:

Tabor said...

Oh goodie...a meme I might enjoy.

joared said...

Soinds like these years you're mental status is pretty consistent -- no uphevals, or at least no major ones.

Rain Trueax said...

I've had them but maybe not in the essentials in the last five years. I might be due for one ;)