Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Thursday, July 19, 2012

July in the country

The big news on the farm is getting in the winter's supply of hay.


This is the first year I didn't buy flowers for containers on the deck. A few pots of red geraniums and some red petunias lived over in the greenhouse as we had a very mild winter with only a few spells of ice. I opted to see how I liked less on the deck. I liked it fine.


I also have the most meadow looking flower garden ever as I didn't pull grass and ended up liking the feeling of a meadow right outside my window. Grasses this tall are only seen on my side of the fence.


Some of us never want to come inside-- but we will anyway!


The young coyotes are coming out from the protection of their parents making for daytime yodels and even those young adults running right through a group of humans with children. That won't last long in our area because ranchers carry guns and use them. It breaks the habit fast-- for the survivors.

Farm Boss asked how I'd like to play in the creek-- but ruined it all when he said to help set the irrigation pump. That man does NOT know how to play at this time of the year!

4 comments:

Tabor said...

Saw a red fox on my recent trip, but no coyotes. I have been told they have been seen recently in our little preserve, so maybe I will see a young one sometime. I also saw them bailing hay like crazy in Canada.

Ingineer66 said...

Our coyotes are a little ahead of yours. The young ones with the funny sounding calls were having singing lessons about a month ago. Now they are sounding more like their parents.

Ashleigh Burroughs said...

So that's why I'm hearing coyotes in the middle of the afternoon these days! Thanks, Rain, for the nature lesson.

Now, go indulge your playful side! It's summertime!
a/b

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Summer on the farm looks lovely! Not so good about the Coyote's, but...the flowers look so pretty and that is a great picture of your Kitty Cat...!