Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, May 21, 2011

A guest on our last day in Tucson


On our last day, we had decided to invite Darlene (isn't she cute), who writes a blog from Tucson called Darlene's Hodgepodge, to visit our home. We met Darlene twice before and missed out on enough time to do it last trip down which made us determined to work it out this time. To complicate meeting, Darlene lives about 30 miles across Tucson; so getting over there only happens on a trip like this one, when we have a lot to do, when we really really want to squeeze out the time.


Actually I had intended to also get together with another lady, who we had met at Yellowstone in September. She lives a lot closer; but a major glitch ended that possibility when I realized I had forgotten to bring my journal (along with any sandals). The sandals were replaceable (although they forced some shopping time that I begrudged). The journal was not as it had all my phone numbers and even emails of anybody I don't regularly contact. It is the first time I have gone off on any trip without either and I blame it all on us deciding to use our airplane suitcase with rollers. Change one thing and my mind goes.

Darlene is a delight and was as much a pleasure to bring to our house as I had expected. She also loves photography and watching birds; so we sat out on the patio before we had lunch out there (first one on the refinished table for under the patio cover) of grilled wild steelhead (Tucson gets excellent seafood into its stores), rice, and baked cauliflower. It was a wonderful afternoon as you can tell by the photos.


We used a self-timer for the one above and as often happens with such, it caught her with her eyes closed. It seems it always does somebody but I thought it was such a nice picture, I wanted to use it anyway.

(Darlene took the one of Farm Boss and me which she sent me after we left. Since I don't have many of us together especially not standing together, I thought I'd include it although she has it in her blog also. I am tall for a woman and don't think of him as being so much taller than me as he actually is. Maybe I am shrinking-- height-wise that is...)

9 comments:

Tabor said...

Great meet-up. I regularly read Darlene's blog.

Ugich Konitari said...

Rain,

I just saw Darlene's blog this morning, and now yours, in the evening. How wonderful that you guys have continued to meet up ! For some reason, I am jealous :-)

Kay Dennison said...

I was wondering if you had the pleasure of getting together with Darlene this time and am delighted that you did!!

Taradharma said...

how nice to see photos of Farm Boss! Good lookin' man you have there, Rain.

I will check out Darlene's blog -- how great you were able to spend time together. Salud!

sewa mobil said...

Nice article, thanks for the information.

Darlene said...

Oh my goodness, Rain. I don't know whether I am flattered or dismayed to find so many photos of me on your blog. I am flattered that you used them, but dismayed about how I look. There is nothing quite like seeing yourself in a photo provide a wake up call that you need to lost those excess pounds.

It was a very special day and I want to tell your followers that the lunch was delicious and it was served with a marvelous white wine. Just yummy.

Robert the Skeptic said...

That is a totally cute picture of the two of you.

Rain Trueax said...

I felt the same way about my weight in those photos, Darlene. Some of that is digital and the ability of cameras to add 10 lbs. It's hard to write about getting together with someone without photos but I'd be happy to remove any you dislike. I thought they were good of you other than the one with your eyes shut. Unfortunately the other one, with Farm Boss in it at the table, you had just started to say something and your mouth was open. The nature of photos unfortunately.

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

What a nice visit you had and I loved seeing your photos together and the one she took of you and your husband.