Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reel Geezers

Reel Geezers movie reviews on YouTube are just plain fun even if like me you get to movies seldom. Two octogenarians, Marcia Nasatir and Lorenzo Semple, review the films they saw as they discuss life in the business and their opinions about the craft of good film making. I started to watch one and went through quite a list of their back reviews just for the fun of watching their discussions.

Lorenzo was a top screenwriter in the 70s and has written for television and movies. Marcia produced and was an agent; so when these long-time friends review movies, it's from the standpoint of insider as well as viewer. They are so vital and attractive that it makes getting into your 80s not seem so scary

Beware-- in their reviews they pull no punches.


2 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

A GREAT Idea for Movie Reviews!
OLD GEEZERS....lol....I know whop both these people are and though I don't actually "know" them, I enjoyed their banter---Up to a point. They ceryainly are opinionated...And that's fine!
I haven't seen the film yet and really would rather not hear TOO much negative crap about it till after I see it....LOL!

Taradharma said...

these people are simply lovely! I agree completely that the movie was vapid to the extreme,but as a fan of the show, I knew this going in. I enjoyed the movie, in was a summer fun movie. I understand their arguments, and they are accurate, but then again I think, "come on! It was a hollywood chick flick! Lighten up!"

Delightful couple though, well educated, funny, urbane.