Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Tuesday, May 06, 2008

another primary

Wow! I almost hate to say I am excited for fear it will jinx it. This election has had so many ups and downs, but at the moment, it is looking good for Barack Obama to be our Democratic party nominee with winning North Carolina and taking it, at the least, very close in Indiana.

It's been tough with so much really negative stuff and more to come no matter who is the nominee. Obama has said, and I believe it's his goal, that he wants to change that tone, that way of politically doing business. It won't be easy after years of garbage throwing appearing to win. When it stops winning, that's when the garbage will stop and the politicians will get down to the issues that matter.

When people stop letting themselves be swayed by meaningless fear talk, when they get informed about the issues, find out who their candidates are character-wise, that's when there is a hope to turn things around. I would like to think that day is here.

I was amazed this morning to read from David Brooks in the New York Times a really good analysis of the difference between Clinton and Obama-- Combat and Composure.

To me, it has been exciting to see so many voters showing up to make their voices heard-- all all these states. In Indiana, they said in some places 85-90% where it's often 20%. People care. They have strong opinions, and whether that ends up positive for going the direction I prefer, it is a good thing for the country.

Oregon has vote by mail, and I mailed my ballot today.

3 comments:

Ingineer66 said...

It doesn't matter Hillary is going to win Puerto Rico and that will give her a mandate to be the candidate. Just ask her. :-)

Fran aka Redondowriter said...

The article about David Brooks was excellent. Thanks for linking it. I have decided, at last, that I will vote for Obama. Took a long time to make that choice.

Anonymous said...

You might have noticed....since I signed my book contract, I've neglected posting any of my usual rantings and ravings about politics. While I certainly believe in freedom of speech....I also feel there's a place and time for everything. And my blog was no longer that venue.
But I have to say....I'm beyond happy with the way things are going. I think Darling Hillary will be dropping out on Tues. She wants to go out on a high note and I think she'll win West VA and then.....bye, bye, Hillary! And....Go Obama GO!
Terri
http://www.islandwriter.net