Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Monday, December 10, 2007

Random and weird

To start, I never do memes... Anybody who reads this blog knows I never have done them; but then I got tagged by someone I have come to respect a lot through her writing and ideas-- Maya's Granny. I got to thinking-- okay maybe I could do one... this one. The object is to come up with 7 things about myself that are random or weird... Who knew the hard part would be stopping with 7...

1. Photography is my hobby. I love it, but I almost never like a photograph of myself, and it's not because I feel they don't look like me. It's because my favorite expression for a photo is somber, serious, even sad which others generally seem to dislike. The more moody they look, the better I like them and the more others tell me they do not like them.

2. I have fallen off run away horses twice but still have a strong desire to learn to ride well enough to take a horse packing trip into the wilderness to camp-- a desire which probably comes from having read the ending of Owen Wister's book, The Virginian at an impressionable age.

3. Although I have never had a manuscript accepted by a publisher, I have completed eleven modern or historic manuscripts ranging from 85,000 to 145,000 words-- most of which I have never even submitted to an editor but which I wrote from the love of writing stories, creating characters, seeing where they go and what happens. I began writing romance type stories in my teens, one of which went on to become my longest manuscript-- as well as being the oldest. I began 'Taopi Tawote,' a historic story of the Oregon Trail and young love, when I was the age of the heroine, finished the last draft when I'd have been the age of her mother-- and it got more erotic the older I got.

4. I wear eyeliner as about the only make-up that I have-to wear. I don't care if eye-lining is in or out, I line my eyes with something-- sometimes when just around the house it's a heavy dark, almost Egyptian type line that I'd not feel comfortable wearing in public.

5. If I don't get eggs for breakfast, I feel cheated. Even knowing my cholesterol was high, I still never gave them up as a day begun without at least two eggs simply started all wrong.

6. I have read the Christian Bible in its entirety from end to end 6 or 7 times. Oddly enough I don't recall the exact number of times, but I know one of those times took nearly two years as it was a King James translation. For many years, I read some of the Bible every single day as almost a religious act.

7. I have done past life regressions, accumulating 7 stories about possible past lives (one future life). When I was a child, I thought I remembered dying in a past life, possibly the one right before this one; but later, since my parents took us to a lot of movies, I wasn't sure if it had come from one of them. Psychics have told me about other such lifetimes-- one of which two different psychics at different times told me the same story. It was an unusual story (In India and I was a man); so I have always wondered if there was some book out with that story in it and that explains the similar versions, but the coincidence made me wonder. It was not one of the stories I got from my own regressions.

The Rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I posted the rules; but, even having given it some thought, I can't narrow down 7 people to tag. I will say it was fun to do this meme and consider anyone reading this and relating to it to be tagged. If you answer, please let everyone know in comments here-- or in an email to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done some memes and I've tagged a few people in my now-entering-fourth-year blogging, but I'm always uneasy about the tagging. It all seems like those doggoned forwards that some people seem driven to post endlessly. Although I've been reminded that it is their way to "stay in touch" and say they care.

I do know this; I learned a lot more about you than I knew before because of this meme, so thanks for sharing it.

I'm catching up on posts, but if you haven't posted yet about Oprah on Obama's campaign, I'd be interested in your take. She is such a force of nature.

Maya's Granny said...

How nice that I didn't know that you don't do memes, since if I had I wouldn't have presumed to tag you, and then I would have missed this. I, also, have read the Bible several times, from Genesis to Revelations. An odd thing for an atheist to do, but so it goes.

Rain Trueax said...

Well I am glad you didn't know either as I'd never have stopped to think about this kind of thing without a nudge. Normally I don't write much about who I am as I figure people don't care beyond the few facts in the profile. My blog has been more about ideas, insights, but this particular meme gave me a reason to write about me which turned out to be kind of fun. *s*