Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Saturday, July 20, 2024

allegories and dreams

 Dealing with a migraine, the kind that gives me vision issues as well as the headache, I wanted to get this blog started. Hope it will make sense. My life has upheaval ahead, maybe like the monsoons we are having here in Arizona. I don't know how that will impact the blog, but I can get this one out... I hope lol

BTW, that last storm, which led to damage of trees, etc. (they called the results tornadoes but to me they seemed like microbursts but damage can be the same). Here, at Casa Espiritu, we got 4/10" of rain and no real damage but lots of wind. I love the amazing clouds this time of year-- damage not so much.

When we bought our little desert home, we came up with its name fairly fast and it was Casa Espiritu.  We had barely lived here when we knew it and it has very much lived up to that name is so many ways.

One of those is for dreams. I had one last night where I didn't like the dream's subject but knew it was allegorical. I spent some time thinking on that and Ranch Boss added to it his thoughts. The dream itself was full of imagery that I didn't like and had no idea from here it had come. I won't repeat it. I'll just tell you what I think it meant.

The animals in the dreams were used to being fed. What they were given was not actually nutritious for them but it's all they knew. I think we can be that way but about more than food and instead ideas and how we think.

1 comment:

Tabor said...

This allegory is so true for pollinators as well now that we have hybridized the heck out of ornamental plants