Comments, relating to the topic, are welcome, add a great deal to a blog, but must be in English, with no profanity, hate-filled insults, or links (unless pre-approved).




Friday, January 19, 2024

Sunsets and life


 One thing I have learned about sunsets or sunrises when the image are dramatic is it takes clouds and color. Neither do it alone.

 It also helps to have a great foreground and interesting land in the background to ground the photo as to from where it is. 

They also don't last very long, which can be true of many great moments in life. Savor them while they are there.

Studying clouds before the sun sets can lead to disappointment when the promising clouds have a very dark one appear overhead and change it all.

I think there are things about sunsets from which we can learn for life.


"Believe in your heart that you're meant to live a life full of passion, purpose, magic and miracles.”
Roy T. Bennett,
The Light in the Heart

“There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.”
Albert Einstein

“I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.”
douglas adams,
The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul

Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”

Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart


“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
Marcus Aurelius, Meditations


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts and spectacular sunsets.

Anonymous said...

Parapluie here and will put quotes on my bulletin board.

Tabor said...

Nice quotes to make one pull up, stop and ponder. I have learned also that sometimes the best sunsets are about 30 minutes after the sun has gone down. Desert sunsets are very appealing.

ElizabethAnn said...

I love the quote from Marcus Aurelius! And your photos!

Rain Trueax said...

Thanks for all the comments. And, I agree, Tabor on when the best ones happen